The Next Husker Controversy

So this seems like a dumb issue. Did it just end up being an overreaction? It doesn't sound like they are erasing any records.

Last December, in an interview given to Sam McKewon, Boyd Epley said he'd be resetting the records of the last ten years because they were using different methods of measurement & timing than he uses.

Either this was never read, never communicated, or forgotten by some people.

To paraphrase, Kenny Bell stated yesterday that it's too bad these records will be forgotten, and Ameer Abdullah agreed, saying the past is being overlooked. Several current players stated much the same thing, expressing regret.

Later, Epley gave an interview to Rich Kaipust, stating that the old records will be restored.

So, the controversy centers around the words "reset" and "restored."

That's really it.

• Fire 3

Nebraska’s records-based “controversy” — I guess we’ll call it — appears to have been resolved now. That’s good, because I’m not sure I could’ve watched much more of the back and forth.
That’s not because this particular Twitter eruption was “dumb.” In fact, the rush to label something dumb or inconsequential is probably the biggest offense here. It’s because this is just the latest example, played out in the Twitter lab, that we need less takes and more compassion.

Kenny Bell wanting attention and causing drama? That's so unlike him.

Would you say the same about Ameer?

Heck no...you know how this goes...Bell is bad...AA is great.

There's a huge difference in how Ameer and Kenny deal with these things (and specifically, this thing). But keep pretending there isn't and it's just bias that was concocted out of thin air.

• Fire 4

People are upset with Bell, but it's not like he was wrong in his sentiment.

So, it's really just that people are upset because he spoke a truth publicly?

That seems like a problematic position to take.

a few people have a problem with bell...so all husker nation must hate him? that seems to be a problematic position to take.

Kenny Bell wanting attention and causing drama? That's so unlike him.

Would you say the same about Ameer?

Heck no...you know how this goes...Bell is bad...AA is great.

There's a huge difference in how Ameer and Kenny deal with these things (and specifically, this thing). But keep pretending there isn't and it's just bias that was concocted out of thin air.

Thin air? Posters dislike Kenny because he is outspoken, he has big hair, he has tats, he had the nerve to say he was a poor college student...

It is not thin air...he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and now anytime he tweets anything people freak.

AA was on the radio this morning and all but said "They wanted to take my records down but they still want to use me for recruiting purposes...that ain't right"

But if Bell had said that same exact thing it would have been a sh#t storm.

Do you like Bell or AA more? And why?

• Fire 4

People are upset with Bell, but it's not like he was wrong in his sentiment.

So, it's really just that people are upset because he spoke a truth publicly?

That seems like a problematic position to take.

a few people have a problem with bell...so all husker nation must hate him? that seems to be a problematic position to take.

Do I draw that conclusion in my post?

Spoiler: no.

But there are a number, even in this thread, who are all over him about this.