Grad Transfer DT visit?

Let's keep our finger crossed. One thing's for sure, we could use some immediate help at that position. If he wants playing time, can't imagine the Trojans or Tide have the open need at DT we do.

My gut was to somewhat discount him (basically 2nd string from Utah) but the fact is he likely starts and plays a ton here this year. His stats weren't too shabby either. Hope we get him, could be a huge pick up.

Visiting USC/Bama before deciding.

Well this makes me less hopeful.

With only one year of eligibility, I'm sure the depth chart will be a big factor. I would have to think that Alabama and usc have more depth than us at DT. Just guessing, too tired to do the research

USC had to replace their entire DL and had two DTs injured this spring (one ACL and something less serious), though it looks like they are going to some sort of 3-4 hypbrid, so their need for DTs might be somewhat reduced.

Here's the excerpt I found for Bama:

Alabama got a big break when Jonathan Allen returned for his senior season. Allen, who led the team with 12 sacks in 2015, should lead a young but very talented group. Alabama loses its top two defensive linemen -- Jarran Reed and A'Shawn Robinson -- plus key contributors like D.J. Pettway and Darren Lake, but there is plenty of talent on the roster not to suffer too much of a drop-off.

Da'Shawn Hand, who played very well against Clemson in the title game, is a good bet to see a significant increase in playing time next season. He and Dalvin Tomlinson could rotate at one of the defensive end spots. Standout freshman Daron Payne should be the clear starter at the nose guard spot and should be one of the major bright spots on the defensive line. Joshua Frazier should also get playing time plus at least one of the incoming recruits like Quinnen Williams or Kendell Jones.

and

The defensive line has been discussed a time or two. Even without A'Shawn Robinson and Jarran Reed, this group is in good shape. The first-team defense clogged things for Bo Scarbrough (9 carries, 22 yards) on A-Day. That was without arguably the best member of the line, Jonathan Allen. His shoulder injury should be fine for a return in the fall. Experience from Dalvin Tomlinson and the refining talent of Da'Ron Payne and Da'Shawn Hand are positive signs. Depth will be the priority with a few top recruits arriving soon in Quinnen Williams and Kendell Jones.

• Fire 1

He apparently played a lot but only started two games for Utah last year.

Sounds like he's transferring because he was second-string in Utah after spring ball. Not implying anything, just saying he wasn't going to start there so wants to find some place else where he might.

So you're implying he "is NOT a back-up"?

I crack myself up hahahaha

• Fire 2

He apparently played a lot but only started two games for Utah last year.

Sounds like he's transferring because he was second-string in Utah after spring ball. Not implying anything, just saying he wasn't going to start there so wants to find some place else where he might.

So you're implying he "is NOT a back-up"?

I crack myself up hahahaha

V3j98Eq.gif

• Fire 2

If we do indeed get him and he has a great year, it could do wonders for us recruiting Polynesian players the staff has seemingly tried to get.

Yeah, that's one area where Riley and Parella could really up our game. We need Samoans! Big mean ones!!

If we do indeed get him and he has a great year, it could do wonders for us recruiting Polynesian players the staff has seemingly tried to get.

Yeah, that's one area where Riley and Parella could really up our game. We need Samoans! Big mean ones!!

A Hawaii or Samoan satellite camp would NOT be a bad idea. Sucks that The Shirtless Sleepover coach thought of it first.

BYU is now involved.

Can't imagine he would seriously consider BYU after playing at Utah, even though he is Mormon. Aren't they pretty much bitter rivals?

I mean that would be sort of like somebody transferring from CU to Nebraska........oops, nm.

Or from Nebraska to Michigan State...

Kids need to do what is best for them, and I could see a Mormon kid switching to BYU for his final season. Any indication as to whether he's done a mission yet? If not, then BYU may the right choice as it will give him a chance to evaluate those options including by hearing from other students who've done it already..

BYU is now involved.

Can't imagine he would seriously consider BYU after playing at Utah, even though he is Mormon. Aren't they pretty much bitter rivals?

I mean that would be sort of like somebody transferring from CU to Nebraska........oops, nm.

Considering he doesn't seem to think he's getting quite a fair shake at Utah, BYU might be the best way to show them what they're missing.

BYU is now involved.

Considering he doesn't seem to think he's getting quite a fair shake at Utah, BYU might be the best way to show them what they're missing.

Well, go to BYU and learn how to be a cheap shot artist, or come to Nebraska and learn how to be a better football player.

• Fire 1