Gun Control

Just now, Decked said:

At some point so have to realize you’re arguing over opinions over a husker football message board and no matter what gets posted on here the odds of actually changing another grown man/woman’s opinion are next to 0. 

But you're still wrong. Just so you know :D

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

8 minutes ago, Decked said:

At some point you have to realize you’re arguing over opinions on a husker football message board and no matter what gets posted on here the odds of actually changing another grown man/woman’s opinion are next to 0. 

I agree with this 1000000%!

Anyone that changes their mind because of some post board posts is a nut.

With that said, I did get a few people to change their abortion stance and their stance on being able to identify as any age you want.  So...there is that.

• Oh Yeah! 2
24 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I agree with this 1000000%!

Anyone that changes their mind because of some post board posts is a nut.

With that said, I did get a few people to change their abortion stance and their stance on being able to identify as any age you want.  So...there is that.

Uhhhhh, btw…..that 14 year old Chinese girl thing….mmmyeah, that’s not working out too well for me. Thanks for saying that would be cool. Jerk.

:lol:

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Uhhhhh, btw…..that 14 year old Chinese girl thing….mmmyeah, that’s not working out too well for me. Thanks for saying that would be cool. Jerk.

:lol:

You are welcome...JJsan!  hahaha

Did you not end up winning the All Valley Karate Tournament?  Hahahaha

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Decked said:

I wouldn’t call myself a gun nut. I have two. I just believe there are as many foes here domestically as foreign. I’m sure the same United States government that killed entire tribes of people on its way to manifest destiny, bombed brown people in the Middle East into oblivion, locked Japanese Americans into internment camps, orchestrated the sacking of an all black Oklahoman town, & used the 9/11 tragedy as a way to power grab their way into spying on everyday Americans would never misuse their power. Hell most of the same people posting in here call that douche trump a dictator. Guess he may not be as much of a threat to democracy as everyone says. 

It's interesting to use disenfranchised minorities in a case for opposing gun control, and it's certainly a popular device for conservatives making Second Amendment arguments to liberals. But if the Blacks of Tulsa Oklahoma had been better armed and displayed a willingness to use them, they would have become the very threat the racists were warning against and no one would have opposed the full Army moving in. Should Blacks, Hispanics and perhaps the stray Anarchist today open carry in a show of defiance to the misuse of "state power" I'm not sure the same Patriots would embrace them.  Native American genocide probably couldn't have been avoided with more guns -- but I don't think the same Patriots want to consider American Manifest Destiny a misuse of power, seeing as many are Christian Nationalists. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

17 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's interesting to use disenfranchised minorities in a case for opposing gun control, and it's certainly a popular device for conservatives making Second Amendment arguments to liberals. But if the Blacks of Tulsa Oklahoma had been better armed and displayed a willingness to use them, they would have become the very threat the racists were warning against and no one would have opposed the full Army moving in. Should Blacks, Hispanics and perhaps the stray Anarchist today open carry in a show of defiance to the misuse of "state power" I'm not sure the same Patriots would embrace them.  Native American genocide probably couldn't have been avoided with more guns -- but I don't think the same Patriots want to consider American Manifest Destiny a misuse of power, seeing as many are Christian Nationalists. 

See, you don't get it!

If all those people had guns they would have STOPPED all this!

MORE guns is the answer!

(Just to be clear, no guns is the answer.  My 28th amendment is...you can own a gun or you can vote)

• Fire 1
On 1/1/2024 at 10:19 PM, teachercd said:

Not at all!  Me and @Dr. Strangelove just think voting laws should change!

Also, what did you buy??

And I am totally kidding.  But that poster Stranglove thinks if you live on a farm or do not live in a big city that you should not vote.

I think everyone should vote.  I do think people that are super into guns are weird but I am super into drinking and illegally streaming stuff...so who am I to judge. 

Woah, that's not entirely true.

I said people who voted for Trump twice should look themselves in the mirror, and if they don't recognize the danger their voting preferences pose, they should kindly step away from the voting booth. 

Mocking Trump voters isn't the same thing as advocating for changes in voting laws.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
7 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Woah, that's not entirely true.

I said people who voted for Trump twice should look themselves in the mirror, and if they don't recognize the danger their voting preferences pose, they should kindly step away from the voting booth. 

Mocking Trump voters isn't the same thing as advocating for changes in voting laws.

I think you said rural voters are dumb and should not vote because they are dumb.

I am saying gun owners should not vote.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
11 hours ago, Decked said:

I don’t believe in banning any guns. I think firearm safety classes should be mandatory at schools K-12 and everyone who has guns should take a firearm safety class, hunters safety, & properly lock and store their firearms separate from ammo. If I ever have children they will be instructed and well versed about guns so they will not have the curiosity to play with firearms at a friends house. 

Those who wish to harm you do not play by rules, morals, or code. There is nothing fair here. 

This is such a specific question it is erroneous. But please reference paragraph one. Any guns come out at a friends and you remove yourself and let me know. 

So, fire arm safety is going to convince those bad guys to not shoot you?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Decked said:

The wordage of what constitutes or triggers red flag laws is concerning to me. Big not a fan. 

I'm interested in something.

If you don't like red flag laws, let's say I have a friend that I know has guns.  Then, let's say I realize that mentally, he changed and I'm very concerned about him doing something horrible with those guns.  I'm concerned to the point that I believe something needs done.

If I live in a state without red flag laws, what are my options?

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm interested in something.

If you don't like red flag laws, let's say I have a friend that I know has guns.  Then, let's say I realize that mentally, he changed and I'm very concerned about him doing something horrible with those guns.  I'm concerned to the point that I believe something needs done.

If I live in a state without red flag laws, what are my options?

Kill him.  You're the good guy with the gun.

• Oh Yeah! 1
7 hours ago, teachercd said:

I think you said rural voters are dumb and should not vote because they are dumb.

I am saying gun owners should not vote.  

I never said laws should be changed. I said voters should look themselves in the mirror if they've previously voted for Trump and if they plan on voting for him in 2024 they should kindly not visit a voting booth because it's not a place they should be.

Are rural voters dumb? On average, yes. But that's an entirely different discussion. Making poor electoral choices and holding contradictory political opinions doesn't mean I think those people shouldn't vote; they should change how they vote. It just so happens that a huge majority of those same voters are also Trump voters which is why they shouldn't show up to the polls in November because the country is better off if they don't.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I never said laws should be changed. I said voters should look themselves in the mirror if they've previously voted for Trump and if they plan on voting for him in 2024 they should kindly not visit a voting booth because it's not a place they should be.

Are rural voters dumb? On average, yes. But that's an entirely different discussion. Making poor electoral choices and holding contradictory political opinions doesn't mean I think those people shouldn't vote; they should change how they vote. It just so happens that a huge majority of those same voters are also Trump voters which is why they shouldn't show up to the polls in November because the country is better off if they don't.

Right, so dumb people should not vote?  Agreed!

I am saying the same thing.

• Oh Yeah! 1