Gun Control

20 hours ago, RedDenver said:

The argument that guns prevent or minimize home invasions, can stop a mass shooter, etc. are the "more guns" would solve <insert problem> argument. I did a quick search of the thread and found a couple of posts (not trying to point fingers at these posters; I tried to remove their names but couldn't):

On 6/13/2016 at 9:23 AM, Saunders said:

Second, how else am I supposed to protect myself and my family? We live in a subdivision outside city limits. We're at least 15-20 minutes from the nearest police station. If there's a B&E, my wife knows to take our kids to the master bedroom, lock the door, get her gun, and call 911. Without a firearm to even the odds, she's defenseless against an assailant.

Interesting to see my quote here. My 8 year old butt dialed 911 about a month ago. We only found out when the Sheriff knocked on our door during dinner time, and said they heard screaming or a baby crying on the other end. Turns out he had his phone in his pocket when he was playing with his friends outside, and didn't realize he made the call. The deputy talked to him and even though he looked super scared at first, it was all good. We verified the call on his phone, and the timestamp was from over 2 hours earlier. So yeah, not a great response time.

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Interesting to see my quote here. My 8 year old butt dialed 911 about a month ago. We only found out when the Sheriff knocked on our door during dinner time, and said they heard screaming or a baby crying on the other end. Turns out he had his phone in his pocket when he was playing with his friends outside, and didn't realize he made the call. The deputy talked to him and even though he looked super scared at first, it was all good. We verified the call on his phone, and the timestamp was from over 2 hours earlier. So yeah, not a great response time.

Ok, do you think that makes people more or less likely to want to own a gun?

Just now, DevoHusker said:

...but, not necessarily more guns, correct?

You don't think more people wanting to own guns will lead to more guns? You again seem to be trying not to see it.

Just now, Saunders said:

What's the point exactly? I was mainly responding to my post from 5 years ago.

There was a discussion about whether there were any arguments for "more guns". I was using your post to point out that there are arguments being made for more guns. I wasn't trying to agree or disagree or otherwise comment on what you posted (I would have removed your name but couldn't) - just that these arguments do exist.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

He didn't say he wanted CEOs to be shot. He said they should not be protected from liability when guns are misused.

Sure he didn't 

3 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

If their product’s intent is also to kill people, then they should get the same treatment.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

This board is pretty easy to follow conversations. All you gotta do is click the little curved arrow on the quote.

18 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

In all serious though, I would favor doing away with whatever liability shield the gun manufacturers currently have.  

7 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Hope you are for doing that across all industries where individuals illegally use the product they manufacture.  

4 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

If their product’s intent is also to kill people, then they should get the same treatment.  

But sure, let's pretend he meant gun CEOs should be shot. That's part of a good, honest conversation. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Redux said:

Sure he didn't 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I bet CEO's of cig companies don't even smoke...

But if they do, I bet they smoke hard!

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This board is pretty easy to follow conversations. All you gotta do is click the little curved arrow on the quote.

But sure, let's pretend he meant gun CEOs should be shot. That's part of a good, honest conversation. 

Yeah, that was me.  I said executed.  I was joking.  I think someone else then sort of ran with my post.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

You don't think more people wanting to own guns will lead to more guns? You again seem to be trying not to see it.

There was a discussion about whether there were any arguments for "more guns". I was using your post to point out that there are arguments being made for more guns. I wasn't trying to agree or disagree or otherwise comment on what you posted (I would have removed your name but couldn't) - just that these arguments do exist.

Gotcha. I try to stay out of commenting in the P&R, but the zombie quote did pique my interest!

12 minutes ago, Redux said:

Sure he didn't 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you see the post from @Hedley Lamarr that I was responding to?   I’d have copied and pasted it, but I’m not smart enough to figure out how.  Anyway, I was referring to the same legal/liability treatment.   I certainly don’t want anyone shot and usually don’t even joke about something like that.   Except terrorists.  They can be shot.  

• Haha 1