Gun Control

Horrific.  And yet the Gubner there signed into law a bill that would allow more teachers and administrators to carry.  Where was the gun toting hero with the quick draw to save the day?  I guess that didn't work.

https://apnews.com/article/6adbebfa9a74407783258855cf551239

Abbott called school safety one of his top priorities this year, but he and the Republican-majority Legislature made no move to restrict the sale or possession of guns in a state with more than 1.3 million handgun license holders.

Efforts to create so-called “red flag” laws to keep guns away from people deemed dangerous to themselves or others, and to toughen penalties for negligent home storage were defeated. Addressing mental health and a push to arm more school personnel quickly became the focus for lawmakers.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Scarlet said:

Horrific.  And yet the Gubner there signed into law a bill that would allow more teachers and administrators to carry.  Where was the gun toting hero with the quick draw to save the day?  I guess that didn't work.

https://apnews.com/article/6adbebfa9a74407783258855cf551239

I don't want to carry a gun as a teacher.  With that said, most elementary schools are filled with teachers that you would probably not expect to be gun people.

But, I am fine with just not having guns at all, now, if you have to have them for hunting, they should all be single shot guns.

• Plus1 1

Can't wait to see this thread explode again by next week when we get another shooting. 

A reminder that nothing will be done about this. Even in a magical land where Democrats had a super majority in the Senate - which they will never have - the conservative Supreme Court would dismantle the law immediately. 

Let's hope that Red State secession happens sooner rather than later so we can pass a gun law and limits where these shootings occur.