Gun Control

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

No problem.

I also got a 9mm handgun at the same time. Bought both of them from an employee of mine who has enough guns to start his own war. Anyway, he needed the money and I got a pretty good deal for buying both together. The only gun I had at the time was a 12 gauge pump that I use(d) for duck and pheasant.

I agree, the 12 gauge is the best choice for home defense. I wouldn’t pull out the AR for a situation at home. The bullets travel too far and it would take too long to get to it anyway.

The 9mm is a little more versatile and can be taken along easier. No real planned use for it except infrequently the burglar alarm at my business goes off and I have to drive over there to turn it off. The first time that happened I did not have a gun. The police were there, they had me unlock the door and then FOLLOWED ME in. I didn’t know if somebody was in there or not. I’ve taken the 9mm with me on two occasions since. I’ll gladly wait outside but I don’t want to be in that situation without a gun.

The AR is pretty much just for fun target shooting. It is pretty much a waste but if society does go bats#!t crazy….any horde of people rushing my house will likely end up in a pile outside. Extremely low chance it comes to that but…..

True. It’s nice though that the AR doesn’t do as much danger to the house fir when your family is cleaning it up to sell. 

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

True. It’s nice though that the AR doesn’t do as much danger to the house fir when your family is cleaning it up to sell. 

I just don’t have any desire to endanger my neighbors unless/until things are completely off the rails. But yeah, cleanup would be much easier.

• Plus1 1

I’ve been thinking about the 2nd amendment in passing and I don’t think the phrase “we’ll regulated militia” means civilians like it’s been interpreted by some. That sounds like a member of the National Guard. Someone who takes time out of their lives to be trained and act as a unit. 

the previously posted tweet with the marine vet makes sense. Also no civilians should have an ar-15. And if they do, it should be limited to single shot. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, whateveritis1224 said:

I’ve been thinking about the 2nd amendment in passing and I don’t think the phrase “we’ll regulated militia” means civilians like it’s been interpreted by some. That sounds like a member of the National Guard. Someone who takes time out of their lives to be trained and act as a unit. 

the previously posted tweet with the marine vet makes sense. Also no civilians should have an ar-15. And if they do, it should be limited to single shot. 

the GOP has done everything they can to make sure that there are no regulations.   that is quite different from the days of Reagan.   

14 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Why do you assume none of us have mental illnesses? What do you imagine people with mental illness to be like? All institutionalized with no internet access? Depression is a mental illness. Do you really think no one who posts here is depressed?

The rest of what you’re saying is fairly incomprehensible since you’re so vague. And I doubt anyone at all needs to be told to think about the children. Not everyone needs a 3 day moment of silence to talk about what should be done to prevent things like this. 

You are right, some or many here might have mental illness.  I typed disorder and auto correct changed it.  My apologies.

I'm talking mental disorders.  And not mental health illness such as neurosis, which is a mild mental disorder, stress, anxiety or depression. 

Mental health disorders are caused by emotional and mental disruptions (aka Pyschosis)... Hallucinations, delusions, disorganized thinking...

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is what our society has chosen as the norm. Dead people from mass shootings. 

If this is what society wants, then I’m not going to let it affect me emotionally. 

Now, if society doesn’t want this and wants to change, then I’m willing to have the conversation. 

Until then, cheers. 

Every stance you have laid out over the past few days I do agree with.  Yes I am a conservative, but I want this s#!t fixed and to end, like you do.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, admo said:

Eh, not so black and white.  I agree but would include mental disorders for carrying out murderous behavior.

the tools for mass murder are far to easy to get.  we in no way are "well regulated" when it comes to guns

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1