Gun Control

2 minutes ago, walksalone said:

Let me know how that works out for ya...

Oh, absolutely. If you decide you want to become a willing participant in a better society, let me know; we have shirts and I'll get you the form to fill out. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Oh, absolutely. If you decide you want to become a willing participant in a better society, let me know; we have shirts and I'll get you the form to fill out. 

Wow...

The audacity, and sheer dipsh*ttery of that statement is mind blowing.

Just because we have differing opinions, I'm not contributing anything, when you know absolutely nothing about me. 

I'm glad you've self nominated yourself arbiter of the moral compass of America...

What's your shirt gonna say, "I'm Cdog, I'm Jesus, Bill Clinton, and Mother Teresa"?

Keep it coming sports fan, you're amusing

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, walksalone said:

Wow...

The audacity, and sheer dipsh*ttery of that statement is mind blowing.

Just because we have differing opinions, I'm not contributing anything, when you know absolutely nothing about me. 

I'm glad you've self nominated yourself arbiter of the moral compass of America...

What's your shirt gonna say, "I'm Cdog, I'm Jesus, Bill Clinton, and Mother Teresa"?

Keep it coming sports fan, you're amusing

You've indicated you're unwillingness to participate in the most basic of solutions to the problem presented in this thread which, in the case of this topic, is enough.

Now, if you'd like to go elsewhere and continue the conversation, or have a discussion elsewhere about how, even with transfers, our defensive line depth is still suspect, I'll be your Huckleberry. If not, then have a great rest of your day. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2022 at 10:26 AM, walksalone said:

I own firearms, and am all for more stringent background checks.  One of my best friends had to hide out during that mass shooting at Ft Hood.

The NRA while "protecting the 2nd amendment" always does more harm than good, especially in situations like this. 

Find a way to make the laws tougher to acquire a firearm, so things like this happen less or not at all

Cdog, in the words of the warrior poet Ice Cube, check yourself, before you wreck yourself...

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Mental health professionals will be the first to tell us that they are not the solution to this problem.

They were not the ones who claimed it was a mental health issue in the first place. That came from the NRA. 

But yet you say mental health may play a roll. 

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, when someone else mentions mental health, you go off on them like they are part of the problem.  

I did not "go off" on you. I said, and provided sources, that there is no link to mental health and the kind of mass shooting which prompted this conversation. I could not have been more clear about that whole conversation.

Is there any ideas by the pro-gun faction here to address the continual slaughtering of school students and the rest of society other than couch time with a shrink for those people identified as possible future mass shooters?   

Or are we just going to kick the can down the road, face yet another mass killing, and shrug our shoulders again? Is that it?  Just call it the price of liberty?

The notion that there's nothing we can do because there are already so many guns on the street should be laid at the feet of those who wouldn't budge on reasonable gun control laws decades ago.  If that is indeed true then it's those same people who blocked gun control laws in the past that are responsible now for the glut of guns in our country.

Can we at least ban assault rifles?  I mean if that's an infringement on your constitutional rights, why can't I own a suitcase nuke?

• Plus1 2