Gun Control

32 minutes ago, knapplc said:

When clearly that's not the part of your post I was responding to. I was responding to this part of your post:

This is the only part of this post that is meaningful.  And, it's only meaningful because it makes this entire argument that you are trying your hardest (for some very odd reason) to create....idiotic.

Take my entire statement and deal with it.  If you can't do that, then move on.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

This is the only part of this post that is meaningful.  And, it's only meaningful because it makes this entire argument that you are trying your hardest (for some very odd reason) to create....idiotic.

Take my entire statement and deal with it.  If you can't do that, then move on.

So...

You just pulled out one line of a very reasonable explanation of what just transpired, and instructed me not to do the same.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

So...

You just pulled out one line of a very reasonable explanation of what just transpired, and instructed me not to do the same.

So, you do something and try to create a weird argument. Then accuse me of the same thing. 

just admit to yourself you went in a bad direction and move on. 

• Plus1 3

The gun cult is THE primary part. We can make our car run a little better if we change the spark plugs, but replacing the four blown out tires would be a better fix, wouldn't it?

Sure, just like you can be drunk behind the wheel and crash your car into people when the brakes go out. The brakes and you being drunk are both contributors that caused the outcome.

The US has some of the highest suicide rates among any developed country. There is clearly a mental health aspect that is lacking compared to other countries. Just because the NRA acknowledges that too doesn't make it false.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, you do something and try to create a weird argument. Then accuse me of the same thing. 

just admit to yourself you went in a bad direction and move on. 

I provided scholarly articles to back up what I was saying. You pretended I said something entirely different, when the context was obvious.

There is no link between these mass shootings and mental health. We have Wayne LaPierre's quote from ten years ago making that claim as a distraction, just like they wanted us to arm teachers, just like they want to make schools have single-door entries now.

You are regurgitating an NRA talking point. I pointed that out, and you got mad online because someone said you were wrong.

Do you need more proof or are you willing to actually go read that study I linked to before you got mad? I'll give you more proof.

Just now, ZRod said:

Sure, just like you can be drunk behind the wheel and crash your car into people when the brakes go out. The brakes and you being drunk are both contributors that caused the outcome.

The US has some of the highest suicide rates among any developed country. There is clearly a mental health aspect that is lacking compared to other countries. You're asking people 

There is no clear data supporting that.

• Haha 4
  • Fire 1

I provided scholarly articles to back up what I was saying. You pretended I said something entirely different, when the context was obvious.

There is no link between these mass shootings and mental health. We have Wayne LaPierre's quote from ten years ago making that claim as a distraction, just like they wanted us to arm teachers, just like they want to make schools have single-door entries now.

You are regurgitating an NRA talking point. I pointed that out, and you got mad online because someone said you were wrong.

Do you need more proof or are you willing to actually go read that study I linked to before you got mad? I'll give you more proof.

There is no clear data supporting that.

The audacity is almost overwhelming.

Have you spoken to experts in the behavioral health field that confirm this?

For the past couple pages anytime says that we need to talk about mental health as it correlates to the person that committed the act, you immediately put up the NRA talking point defense.

To think that there's no link between mass shootings and behavioral health issues, is naive.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 4
45 minutes ago, walksalone said:

The audacity is almost overwhelming.

Have you spoken to experts in the behavioral health field that confirm this?

For the past couple pages anytime says that we need to talk about mental health as it correlates to the person that committed the act, you immediately put up the NRA talking point defense.

To think that there's no link between mass shootings and behavioral health issues, is naive.

So you didn't read the study I linked, either. 

I have more, if you need them. 

Or you could show us your research into the connections between mental health and mass shootings. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So you didn't read the study I linked, either. 

I have more, if you need them. 

Or you could show us your research into the connections between mental health and mass shootings. 

Why should I, you obviously have empirical evidence, and obviously a subject matter expert in all this.  For the past 5 pages the only thing you've managed to prove is that you're the smartest guy in the room, we're all not as smart as you, which means you get to talk down to whomever has a differing opinion.

I've done no research, which means my opinion also doesn't matter

Feel free to continue your flat earther-like rhapsody, i'll leave you to it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 3

The DPS said no armed resource officer was onsite and the shooter entered through an unlocked door without any resistance. No one confronted him until the first two officers arrived and were shot at. It a bummer that an untrained 18 year old can best two officers.

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's not only statistically not true, but having a gun in the home has been proven to more than double the risk of gun homicide. So the downside of owning a gun is far greater than the upside.

Where does this come from?  

How many gun homicides occur in a given year vs the number of lives saved from guns in a given year?  

• Plus1 3
29 minutes ago, walksalone said:

Why should I, you obviously have empirical evidence, and obviously a subject matter expert in all this.  For the past 5 pages the only thing you've managed to prove is that you're the smartest guy in the room, we're all not as smart as you, which means you get to talk down to whomever has a differing opinion.

I've done no research, which means my opinion also doesn't matter

Feel free to continue your flat earther-like rhapsody, i'll leave you to it.

I'm not sure what you're mad about.