Gun Control

53 minutes ago, ZRod said:

There were things that needed to be modified in the bill (like suppressors, they should be legal from a health standpoint for hearing protection), but given the trajectory last 18 years I'd say the bill worked...

There were about 400,000 AR-15 style rifles in circulation at that time...there are about 20 million now...

7 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

There were about 400,000 AR-15 style rifles in circulation at that time...there are about 20 million now...

That's a huge indictment of the NRA and 2A nutters (not responsible gun owners, to be clear!) and not an indictment of that law. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, walksalone said:

Somebody posting as to why the NRA is the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

This thing could go so many ways...

well...the way we are going now with no changes gives us many mass killings a year....and apparently we are ok with that.  FWIW.....more school children were shot and killed in the US last week then were shot and killed in ukraine.  our system is failing us IMO..

• Plus1 2

We have a lot of nuts on this site, on both sides and I have pretty much dealt with and made most of them admit they were dorks(anti-abotion, climate change nuts, Iowa fans)...but can any gun person tell me why you need anything other than a musket.

On 5/26/2022 at 10:11 AM, sho said:

Reports I've read, the guard noticed he had guns and confronted him, and he dropped the bag and took off.  Guard got off shots, I've read 6-8, and missed all of them.   He claimed that the kid didn't stop because he was wearing body armor, turned out that was a lie, and he was a really bad shot.   I've also read it was 2 armed security officers that shot, not sure if that's accurate or not.  

Between this incident and Parkland, we are 0-2 for armed security guards stopping a mass shooting at a school.

The one that really stands out to me is the Dayton shooting in 2019. On that day, the cops had shot the guy dead within about 30 seconds after it all began. That's pretty much the best case scenario for the whole 'we need more good people with guns so they can shoot the bad people with guns' idea, right? But guess what, it still left nine innocent people dead. Is that really the best possible outcome that we as a society can hope for?

• Thanks 1