Gun Control

@knapplc  you literally have given me no chance to agree with you. 

I say it’s guns and we also need to look at mental health. 

You go off on me claiming I should never include mental health in the discussion. 

Then…..later, you throw this in. 

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

don't have a hard line, and I've agreed in the past that mental health may play a role.

So, I can’t say either way without you going off claiming I’m misrepresenting whatever you want to argue about. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You go off on me claiming I should never include mental health in the discussion. 

I don't know why you need to continually misrepresent what I'm telling you, especially when it's on this site for anyone to read.

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

WTF dude????

I say it's a problem with guns and a better mental health care can be a big part of the solution.

You go off on me claiming I'm blaming it all on mental health and I'm being dense because I'm blaming it all on mental health....bla bla bla.....Then, you say the bolded.  WHICH IS BASICALLY WHAT I SAID!!!

Get over yourself on this and have a discussion instead of whatever crap you've been spewing

crowd-cheering-crowd.gif

“We need to look into mental health “ in regards to gun violence is not only a cop-out, but IMO a pretty stupid thing to say unless you have tangible solutions to offer.  Guess what?  Mental health is a problem everywhere.  Not just the USA.  Everyone on this planet with a mental health issue isn’t racing to the nearest gun shop so they can go shoot up the local school or shopping mall.  I wish people would stop skirting around the real issue here.  Why do we have exponentially more mass shootings than anywhere else?  Gee, do you think our country’s s#!t for brains infatuation with guns might have something to do with it?  Stop playing the “mental health “ card unless you can give some realistic and specific methods of addressing it that will prevent school children from being murdered.  It’s bad people having easy access to the guns designed specifically for efficiently killing people!!  That’s the damn problem!!!

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, walksalone said:

Why should I, you obviously have empirical evidence, and obviously a subject matter expert in all this.  For the past 5 pages the only thing you've managed to prove is that you're the smartest guy in the room, we're all not as smart as you, which means you get to talk down to whomever has a differing opinion.

I've done no research, which means my opinion also doesn't matter

Feel free to continue your flat earther-like rhapsody, i'll leave you to it.

damn-right-thats-right.gif

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

“We need to look into mental health “ in regards to gun violence is not only a cop-out, but IMO a pretty stupid thing to say unless you have tangible solutions to offer.  Guess what?  Mental health is a problem everywhere.  Not just the USA.  Everyone on this planet with a mental health issue isn’t racing to the nearest gun shop so they can go shoot up the local school or shopping mall.  I wish people would stop skirting around the real issue here.  Why do we have exponentially more mass shootings than anywhere else?  Gee, do you think our country’s s#!t for brains infatuation with guns might have something to do with it?  Stop playing the “mental health “ card unless you can give some realistic and specific methods of addressing it that will prevent school children from being murdered.  It’s bad people having easy access to the guns designed specifically for efficiently killing people!!  That’s the damn problem!!!

Mental health professionals will be the first to tell us that they are not the solution to this problem.

They were not the ones who claimed it was a mental health issue in the first place. That came from the NRA. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1