Gun Control

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I did not "go off" on you. I said, and provided sources, that there is no link to mental health and the kind of mass shooting which prompted this conversation. I could not have been more clear about that whole conversation.

It kinda feels like you did...

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Except it did. Gun crimes with "assault" weapons went down. It's says it in your article from 2013. Those are the same weapon of choice for most school and mass shooters.

Yes there will still be crimes with pistols and other unrestricted firearms. So something more than another assault weapons ban would need to be done.

• Plus1 4

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It kinda feels like you're picking sides and stirring the pot.

Maybe. Maybe not.

But really I accidentally quoted you, and it's hard to delete on the phone. Although I do see BRBs point.

• Oh Yeah! 1
33 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Except it did. Gun crimes with "assault" weapons went down. It's says it in your article from 2013. Those are the same weapon of choice for most school and mass shooters.

Yes there will still be crimes with pistols and other unrestricted firearms. So something more than another assault weapons ban would need to be done.

I am not disagreeing with the sentiment, and something is better than nothing, but those touting the success of the 1994 effort are not being accurate.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Are they talking about Wayne? They're talking about Wayne LaPierre right?

22 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I am not disagreeing with the sentiment, and something is better than nothing, but those touting the success of the 1994 effort are not being accurate.

There were things that needed to be modified in the bill (like suppressors, they should be legal from a health standpoint for hearing protection), but given the trajectory last 18 years I'd say the bill worked...

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

So you're saying a random chick with a gun is more effective than school resource officers, security guards, and the SWAT team?

Brocephus, I'm not saying anything, I stumbled across this, and immediately thought of the sh*tstorm that it's going to cause...

i don't know why we even discuss it.....nothing ever changes anyway.  we as a country have decided that school shooting are the norm...or at least the price we pay for our freedom to own millions of assault weapons and that the gun industry needs all those billions of $$$ to bribe their political allies with..   tune in again next week for the next chapter of the carnage that we in america enjoy 10x more than the rest of the world combined experiences.   

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, walksalone said:

Brocephus, I'm not saying anything, I stumbled across this, and immediately thought of the sh*tstorm that it's going to cause...

Broski I was just trying to fan the flames while you pour the gas.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, commando said:

i don't know why we even discuss it.....nothing ever changes anyway.  we as a country have decided that school shooting are the norm...or at least the price we pay for our freedom to own millions of assault weapons and that the gun industry needs all those billions of $$$ to bribe their political allies with..   tune in again next week for the next chapter of the carnage that we in america enjoy 10x more than the rest of the world combined experiences.  

I was just trying to put it out there, before you got a "I told you so" post...