The Obama Legacy

You're also not a blind alt-right shrill, and not entirely idiotic either, count ;)

I'm still deeply saddened, horrified and disappointed in my country. But I'm not going to protest. I'm not going to leave. I'm not even going to be relentlessly critical and disparaging (at least I'm going to try not to). Obama made a fantastic speech yesterday encouraging everyone and I'm trying to follow in the lead of hoping and praying for the best for our new President, as tough of a pill as that is to swallow.

You're also not a blind alt-right shrill, and not entirely idiotic either, count ;)

I'm still deeply saddened, horrified and disappointed in my country. But I'm not going to protest. I'm not going to leave. I'm not even going to be relentlessly critical and disparaging (at least I'm going to try not to). Obama made a fantastic speech yesterday encouraging everyone and I'm trying to follow in the lead of hoping and praying for the best for our new President, as tough of a pill as that is to swallow.

Well, i just beg of folks like you on the other side to have a little faith that's it's not gonna be as bad as youve come to think. I believe it wont be as great and "america-saving" as many were coming ot believe either. it's in the middle. that's really the main point im trying to make in ALL my arguments. that there are many ppl who just need to get on with their lives and put their faith in the country. never as bad as it seems. never as good as it seems.

If i didnt care about ppl on both sides, i never would brought myself into this political nonsense section. As you can see, i'm not the most educated on facts and events. but i dont care. I just have a big picture view that is built on common sense and faith.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/305341-dark-days-for-obamas-white-house

Cannot be fun being in the WH and knowing your successor is about to dismantle a large portion of your legacy. Of course some of it cannot be. He will forever be the first AA president.

The thing is he has to come up with equal, acceptable options. He talks a big game about dismantling, but it's not that simple, especially when it comes to healthcare. Don't you think he is going to be reminded that many of the people that supported him in his campaign will suffer without care?

Obama's legacy may have been confirmed tonight with the election of Trump. It's a sentiment to how bad he has been as POTUS. Voters wanted change from his failed leadership.

Not only that the R's kicked the D's butt and kept the Senate and the House. Obama was such a failure as President that he saved the Republican Party from themselves.

Failure is subjective.

Now, if he had just been a good Republican, THAT would have stopped Congress from being completely dysfunctional. I think he probably should've used their clearly superior policies instead of his own failed ones. That's where he went wrong!

Not really, look at the state of the country and you will see how our economy is terrible, foreign policy is a joke, race relations are the worst since the 60's, and in typical liberal fashion, they want to blame everyone else for their failures. It's the white racist/sexist boogeyman 's fault she lost. Not the fact that the country is tired of how far left the Democrats and their policies are and the fact that they handed their nomination to a career criminal that even the media couldn't hand the election to her with their extremely biased reporting. Dem's are going to have to come back to the center to win an election anytime soon as the far left policies of Obama were also one of the main reasons she lost.

The really funny part about your uniformed snippy comment about Republicans is that Trump isn't a true Republican either, he fought and beat the Republican establishment, Democratic establishment, and the biased liberal media. The meltdown by the left is one of the most pathetic yet funny things I have ever seen. The celebrities and elites whining and blaming everyone but themselves for being out of touch with America is hilarious. The protesters are just showing their ignorance which is nothing new for young liberals.

Worst since the 60s? Wasn't LA burning in 92? The economy isn't terrible either. It's definitely not great though, sluggish really. But we could be like Don's buddy in Russia, they're doing great over there!/s

The media has hardly been bias either, Hillary was in the news every single friggin day about some "scandal" for the last 2 years. And clearly the country isn't tired of "liberal" policies, over half of it voted for her. The Dems have been more centered than the Republicans for 8 years now. At least they're not still preaching "kill planned parent hood", and "trickle down economics" when we have glaring examples of those failures in Texas and Kansas respectively...

• Fire 2

The media has hardly been bias either, Hillary was in the news every single friggin day about some "scandal" for the last 2 years. And clearly the country isn't tired of "liberal" policies, over half of it voted for her. The Dems have been more centered than the Republicans for 8 years now. At least they're not still preaching "kill planned parent hood", and "trickle down economics" when we have glaring examples of those failures in Texas and Kansas respectively...

You make an interesting point. The Democrats have gone halfway to being the party of the corporations and established power strutures. And the Republican party has been fast going down the road of working class populism (see this election), in the process untethering themselves from the ideology of movement conservatism.

We might be in the middle of an odd switcheroo. A chaotic realignment may nonetheless happen. For my part, I welcome disruptive change, of the non authoritarian variety.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/305341-dark-days-for-obamas-white-house

Cannot be fun being in the WH and knowing your successor is about to dismantle a large portion of your legacy. Of course some of it cannot be. He will forever be the first AA president.

The thing is he has to come up with equal, acceptable options. He talks a big game about dismantling, but it's not that simple, especially when it comes to healthcare. Don't you think he is going to be reminded that many of the people that supported him in his campaign will suffer without care?

agree it isn't simple and the repubs have not formally put forward a option - to be vetoed- or otherwise. The weight is heavier when it is on your shoulders.

agree it isn't simple and the repubs have not formally put forward a option - to be vetoed- or otherwise. The weight is heavier when it is on your shoulders.

Yep. It's hard to not be the party of No and to actually have to govern for once.

As someone said, straight conservatism has failed pretty epicly in places like Kansas and Wisconsin. Hell, Pence was pretty hated in Indiana. We're about to give it a look on the national stage.

I want the best for my country, so I hope Trump, Pence, Ryan, et al succeed. But when you look at Kansas and Wisconsin and elsewhere, I'm skeptical. I guess there's always the possibility Trump is some kind of mega-genius economically that becomes the glue that holds it all together, rather than the sleazy, unethical businessman I reckon him to be.

Time will tell.

He brought us out of the great recession. He made significant attempts at addressing global warming. He opened up relations with Cuba. He brought Iran to the negotiation table. Lowered gas prices and greatly reduced our dependence on foreign oil. Got automakers to finally start improving their efficiency again. Actually took steps to work on immigration without a do nothing congress.

Step outside of your narrow minded views. He was a decent President. Not bad, and not great.

• Fire 4

He brought us out of the great recession. He made significant attempts at addressing global warming. He opened up relations with Cuba. He brought Iran to the negotiation table. Lowered gas prices and greatly reduced our dependence on foreign oil. Got automakers to finally start improving their efficiency again. Actually took steps to work on immigration without a do nothing congress.

Step outside of your narrow minded views. He was a decent President. Not bad, and not great.

Never gonna happen.

• Fire 4

We had the worst economic recovery ever from a recession because of his policies, and he is the only POTUS ever to never had 3% GDP growth...ever. Income inequality became worse under his watch, ISIS has grown leaps and bounds, and we are more divided now as a nation than we were 8 years ago.

Lower gas prices are partly due to oil development right here in the US which he and the left are not fans of, and also on that note, Obama himself stated during his Presidency that lower gas prices are a sign that the economy is not doing so well.

I think you need to look in the mirror about being narrow minded.

• Fire 2