Remembering Foltz

A whole bunch of people and teams showed what is right and good about cfb today. Props to Fresno St, their coach, Gaglianone, Riley and staff and team and so many others for showing us all that there are more important things than the game itself. I'm sure Sam felt the love and appreciates it. Proud to be a Husker fan today.

Yep. I was wondering if we got backed up for the penalty so props to Fresno St. for declining the penalty as I don't know if they mentioned that on the telecast or I may have just missed it.

A whole bunch of people and teams showed what is right and good about cfb today. Props to Fresno St, their coach, Gaglianone, Riley and staff and team and so many others for showing us all that there are more important things than the game itself. I'm sure Sam felt the love and appreciates it. Proud to be a Husker fan today.

I learned that a great deal of people see beyond the score and they hype to recognize the true humanity involved in the game. Fans and players openly crying for Foltz. A penalty formation to honor his spot on the team. And utmost sportsmanship by the Fresno State group. Not only declining the penalty, but wearing the SF sticker even on their helmets. College football got it right today.

• Fire 2

The Greeley County Sheriff confirmed someone broke into the home of Jordan Foltz, punter Sam Foltz' brother, while Jordan and his family were at the Husker game Saturday. Sam Foltz died in a car accident a few months ago, and the game was dedicated to his memory.

The sheriff says the thieves stole a TV and tools out of Jordan's jeep, with a total loss of at least $1,400. It happened sometime after the Foltz family left for Lincoln around noon Saturday, and when they got back home after 3 a.m. Sunday.

http://www.klkntv.com/story/33012211/thieves-target-foltz-family-home#.V8xD0z6JzzI.facebook

I can't tell you how happy I was to see them go through with the plan to line up without a punter and then not snap the ball. I've been championing the idea on social media for quite some time and got a very strong reaction when I tweeted it.... certainly nothing I've ever posted on social media before or since has come close.

I think it turned out pretty well. It's even better when you watch it without TV commentary and how the crowd slowly works out what is happening..... just spine-tingling stuff...

Thank you for posting, the things you don't see on TV, spine tingling indeed to listen to the applause build and build when fans figured out what was going on and nothing but pure class from the Fresno St. players for applauding as well.

• 2 weeks later...