A man you can bait with a Tweet

I am trying to step back and look at the thought process that is going through his mind.

It really is interesting watching an adult with a child's ability to control himself melt down and everyone else in the world sees through it.

If it was everyone, he wouldn't be president :/

Unfortunately we have lots of people capable of blinding themselves to the obvious based on the letter next to someone's name.

I am trying to step back and look at the thought process that is going through his mind.

It really is interesting watching an adult with a child's ability to control himself melt down and everyone else in the world sees through it.

Can you imagine living with that?

My question is, WHY IS CNN GIVING HIM ANY AMMO AT ALL! First they have to retract the Russia story and now they aired a fake Enquirer front page as click bait. You can't do these things when POTUS is trying to label you as fake news. We all know that is a sham, but giving Trump ammunition in this fight can't be a good thing.

My question is, WHY IS CNN GIVING HIM ANY AMMO AT ALL! First they have to retract the Russia story and now they aired a fake Enquirer front page as click bait. You can't do these things when POTUS is trying to label you as fake news. We all know that is a sham, but giving Trump ammunition in this fight can't be a good thing.

I heard a quote earlier today I rather like. If you stop being OK with reporters making even minor mistakes, you're also going to stop getting good reporting.

Reporters are just people trying to chase leads. Of course there are whack jobs and crack pots out there. I'm not talking about them. They don't represent the vast majority of reporters and journalists. Since they're human beings, they're going to make mistakes. Even major organizations with tons of resources like CNN. They made a mistake, they retracted it & three people resigned. That is what's known in the business as "taking responsibility" or "accountability."

If we suddenly expect these human beings to be infallible and never make mistakes, if that becomes the standard... you're going to chase away all of the good, necessary reporting because people are going to be scared of making a mistake.

Let's not take the bait on this. It's what Trump and his cronies want us to do. The story here is that they want us to chase and crucify the media for any mistake (even when they take responsibility for it) when his administration lies and lies and lies to our faces EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. and refuses to take responsibility for any of it.

• Fire 1

I heard a quote earlier today I rather like. If you stop being OK with reporters making even minor mistakes, you're also going to stop getting good reporting.

Reporters are just people trying to chase leads. Of course there are whack jobs and crack pots out there. I'm not talking about them. They don't represent the vast majority of reporters and journalists. Since they're human beings, they're going to make mistakes. Even major organizations with tons of resources like CNN. They made a mistake, they retracted it & three people resigned. That is what's known in the business as "taking responsibility" or "accountability."

If we suddenly expect these human beings to be infallible and never make mistakes, if that becomes the standard... you're going to chase away all of the good, necessary reporting because people are going to be scared of making a mistake.

Let's not take the bait on this. It's what Trump and his cronies want us to do. The story here is that they want us to chase and crucify the media for any mistake (even when they take responsibility for it) when his administration lies and lies and lies to our faces EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. and refuses to take responsibility for any of it.

Did CNN reference the Enquirer cover in their reporting? I didn't see the segment, and hadn't heard anything about it until I saw Nebfanatic's post. From what I've found online, Tapper was talking about the Trump, Morning Joe, and Enquirer fiasco and they put up a picture of the National Enquirer that happened to be fake. Was it just shown as a visual aide, or did Tapper actually talk about the fake Ted Cruz story that was on it's cover?

If it was just up for a visual aide, it is simply bad timing of a poorly chosen visual. Not a mistake in reporting...