WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

People! Doesn't matter the breathalyzer reading! That's only a tool to establish reasonable cause. The real BAC is derived from the blood test. We may never know what that was. BREATHALYZER RESULTS ARE NOT ADMISSIBLE IN COURT. Stop speculating

Where have they ruled that? It's not how the statute reads.

People! Doesn't matter the breathalyzer reading! That's only a tool to establish reasonable cause. The real BAC is derived from the blood test. We may never know what that was. BREATHALYZER RESULTS ARE NOT ADMISSIBLE IN COURT. Stop speculating

Intoxilzer is the device that they use in court. A breathalyzer is used road side is not admissible in court...

Intoxilzer is the device that they use in court. A breathalyzer is used road side is not admissible in court...

Cool. I was looking around for word one way or the other but couldn't find it.

It's possible that really helped him depending on how long they were delayed from the time of insurance exchange fiasco and the actual admissible test.

You are correct about the field test. However, not everyone is given the blood test. Here, you do another breathalyzer when you get to the station and are booked.

Here’s my sense: There’s no hurry for Williams to come back. Give him a timeout. Sit him down until Oct. 24, or for the entire season.

Don’t throw him to the wolves. Try to help him. This incident happened during training camp, with a star recruit in town. That shows a lack of focus. Get that focus back. Get help if needed.

Then, with that help, Williams comes back better than ever and his message to kids is stronger than ever.

Meanwhile, you stood by a man you deemed worthy of keeping. Let him reward that faith.

And if there’s ever another incident, well, everyone understands the consequences.

Williams’ presence alone is not going to alter the course of this season. But there’s a bigger picture here than that. What does NU want to stand for?

A timeout will serve everyone well here.

Tom Shatel - OWH

• Fire 2

As someone that is in recovery I see both sides. We all are just one bad decision away from impacting several lives, not just our own. It is understandable if the University decides to let him go. There is a big part of me that hopes KW stays and gets some help. I don't know his story outside of his affiliation as a coach, but anytime a substance effects your life and the lives of others this way, you have to have some safeguards in place. I pray that this will be a life changing experience for him. This can be a turning point for him and can be used to show others that no one is above reproach but that people are going to support him and help him through this.

• Fire 4

The man has problems to deal with in both the pending legal case against him and for the foreseeable future. He will continue to deal with his alcohol issues and of course it does not appear that the lynch mob is satisfied with the law and order of the matter. He might be well advised to simply resign and move on to the next chapter in his life, away from all the not so friendly folks around Memorial Stadium and Lincoln generally. Having dealt with a good number of folks with similar stories, the challenges are quite daunting as compared with his coaching profession. I will be comfortable with whatever decision is made by the AD, HC and the coach himself. Ultimately it is up to him to make his life better for all concerned. I believe he will do just that if given the opportunity.