Derrion Grim leaving

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/freshman-grim-leaving-after-feeling-uncomfortable-in-husker-program/article_ec4afbb0-6a79-11e6-b19d-f31034f813b4.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

LaTef said he had reminded his son during their recent discussions that he was going to get the opportunity to play as a true freshman.

"He was like, 'Dad, I don't care.' When a guy's not comfortable, I guess a guy's not comfortable.'"

:( That's a tough deal. Props to Derrion for being proactive and identifying the need for a change.

Another scholly just opened up... if someone doesn't want to be here, it's best for all parties to move on and live by their choices.

Hate to see kids leave the program, for any reason, but those situations are between the player(s) and the University/Staff.

Good luck, Cherry.

• Fire 2

Another scholly just opened up... if someone doesn't want to be here, it's best for all parties to move on and live by their choices.

Hate to see kids leave the program, for any reason, but those situations are between the player(s) and the University/Staff.

Good luck, Cherry.

^^ This. And if there's one position on the team where we're set with roster and recruits, it's WR. Hope Grim does well where ever he lands.

• Fire 1

I'm not surprised to see this type of thing happen. Kids are still young and when they leave home for the first time it makes sense some will find that they have challenges to work through that were easily worked through and possibly not even noticed when the kid was still at home. Not saying this is what happened here but it does not seem to be related to the common reasons players leave so I assume he just needs to understand what it was the made him uncomfortable so he will be better able to succeed in the future.

It would be interesting to see if there is a higher rate of this kind of thing amongst early enrollees. They miss out on some of the good bye to friends that are separating to each follow their own path that naturally occurs when you finish your spring semester as a senior. Seems like there is a sports psychology dissertation paper there somewhere.