Derrion Grim leaving

So....here's my way way way over assumed analysis of this.

He gets here, gets homesick. Unfortunately, some kids just get it so bad they can't function and can't be happy. So, he thinks he needs to go home. He goes home and realizes....crap. I just wasted a great opportunity.

Now, he is leaving and going 9 1/2 hours away from home. He will do better this time because in the back of his mind, he realizes these are good opportunities and this probably will be his last chance.

It's just sad somehow you can't convince a kid to stay and get over it.

Well, he is going to get the pass happy offense that he wanted, good for him. Pullman is pretty much in the middle of nowwhere, so I hope that is ok with him.

I have never been to Pullman, how does it compare to a place like Lincoln as far as being a college town?

Pullman is in what is called the Polouse part of Washington it is ag country. They grow wheat on steep hills. Pullman is only about 35K people. The closest city is Spokane and it really isn't that big. It is probably oneo of the smallest college towns there is for a Power 5 team to be in.

Well, he is going to get the pass happy offense that he wanted, good for him. Pullman is pretty much in the middle of nowwhere, so I hope that is ok with him.

I have never been to Pullman, how does it compare to a place like Lincoln as far as being a college town?

Pullman is in what is called the Polouse part of Washington it is ag country. They grow wheat on steep hills. Pullman is only about 35K people. The closest city is Spokane and it really isn't that big. It is probably oneo of the smallest college towns there is for a Power 5 team to be in.

So basically Wazzu is a power 5 WNCC

Is Leach still on the hot seat? They are 3-2 but the remainder of their schedule is fairly tough
I think they'll be patient for another year and see how this season plays out. This season is starting out similar to last season for Wazzu, losing to an FCS and then getting into conference play and competing. They have progressed over the recent weeks. They've already beaten Stanford and Oregon, I'm not high on any PAC12 school after UW, so wouldn't be a surprise if the apple cup determines division champ and eventual PAC12 champ

Is Leach still on the hot seat? They are 3-2 but the remainder of their schedule is fairly tough

I don't believe he's on the hot seat. Wash St won 9 games last season which was the most since 2003 for them.

The entire city covers about 10 sq. Miles - so basically 9x smaller than Lincoln. Pullman as a whole has one highschool and shares a regional airport with Moscow, Idaho.

Or; about half the size of Manhattan,KS.

The entire city covers about 10 sq. Miles - so basically 9x smaller than Lincoln. Pullman as a whole has one highschool and shares a regional airport with Moscow, Idaho.

So similar in size to the Scottsbluff-Gering area. I was just making a joke but that said WNCC is right behind Wazzu in number of NFL hall of famers ;)

Oh, I agree it is a nice school, but the town of Pullman is smaller than Grand Island.

They also make some of the best cheese you can buy, called Cougar Gold, it's a big holiday gift item during Christmas, real good stuff. Downtown Spokane is about an hour fifteen from Pullman, It isn't big population wise, 200k city 500k metro, but it is really spread out. The biggest attraction for students would be the street mall downtown, but in the 3 years I lived and worked there through college, there weren't a ton of WSU students coming into town for anything other than maybe the mall or some special event. Most friends I knew at WSU stayed there for the weekend and partied - a former top 5 party school and from my older brothers' stories, they live up.
  • 2 months later...