*** 2016 Game 1 "Expert" Picks: Fresno State at Nebraska***

Saunders

ESPN: Out to get NU

Barfknect: Out to get NU

ABC: Out to get NU

Should we add the BTN?

No one is "out to get" NU. The disrespect is based on the quality of product they have seen on the field for that last 13 years. Nebraska is getting all the respect that they have earned. Nothing more or less than that.

Should we add the BTN?

No one is "out to get" NU. The disrespect is based on the quality of product they have seen on the field for that last 13 years. Nebraska is getting all the respect that they have earned. Nothing more or less than that.

+1

Enough with the conspiracy crap. We've sucked for a while. Even our 9 win seasons we lost most games that mattered. Time to show up on the field, no more September championships for us for a while.

Seriously what is the deal with the BTN crew? I get it, last year was rough. But what the hell did they see during their half a day at a Husker practice to suggest we struggle worse than 2015?

I'm glad they're not high on Nebraska this year. They've been high on Nebraska every other year and we haven't been great. I don't think they're lazy or intentionally trying to stoke the flames -- I just think they're bad analysts.

I dunno...I think they're savvy enough that they know what Nebraska can bring. Some of this may just be because they've been burned so much for picking us, and part of it may be an attempt to give the coaches bulletin board fodder so we actually show up and do something this year?

Remember, the B1G Conference wants us to actually show up and be like the Nebraska of old for a myriad of reasons. Otherwise, it gets really hard to sell Prime Time viewership on Nebraska games...and eyeballs are what got us Mizzery's seat in the first place. Wouldn't be shocked if the BTN was told to downplay our kids just to get them motivated? :dunno

Should we add the BTN?

+1

Enough with the conspiracy crap. We've sucked for a while. Even our 9 win seasons we lost most games that mattered. Time to show up on the field, no more September championships for us for a while.

Funny. If you guys paid attention more you'd know Teach was being sarcastic.

• Fire 1

Should we add the BTN?

+1

Ha! Thank you!

I thought it was clear but I guess not.

I don't think anyone is out to get NU. I think lots of Husker fans are more sensitive than a 13 year old girl that just found out the boy she likes actually likes her best friend that is also captain of the volleyball team that that they are both on. At first she tries to play it off like it is "no biggie" but as the week drags on she can't take it anymore and has a full meltdown at volleyball practice and totally embarrasses herself.

Of course, that spreads quickly through the world of social media and she fears that there is just "no way she can ever go back to school now" and demands to "transfer schools" because how could she face the boy she likes now???

A few weeks go by and things seem okay, they seem like she has calmed down but it turns out she really has developed an eating disorder and she is throwing up her food into Tupperware containers that she hides in her closet...

I could go on but I think you get the idea.

• Fire 1

Should we add the BTN?

+1

Ha! Thank you!

I don't think anyone is out to get NU. I think lots of Husker fans are more sensitive than a 13 year old girl that just found out the boy she likes actually likes her best friend that is also captain of the volleyball team that that they are both on. At first she tries to play it off like it is "no biggie" but as the week drags on she can't take it anymore and has a full meltdown at volleyball practice and totally embarrasses herself.

Of course, that spreads quickly through the world of social media and she fears that there is just "no way she can ever go back to school now" and demands to "transfer schools" because how could she face the boy she likes now???

A few weeks go by and things seem okay, they seem like she has calmed down but it turns out she really has developed an eating disorder and she is throwing up her food into Tupperware containers that she hides in her closet...

+1

Amazing the kind of characters come out of the wood work when football season is about to start. Ha!

Should we add the BTN?

+1

Ha! Thank you!

+1

Amazing the kind of characters come out of the wood work when football season is about to start. Ha!

I agree, I wasn't commenting directly to teaches quote, I got that he was being sarcastic. It's more to the whole thought that there are movements against Nebraska, it's ridiculous. We really aren't nationally relevant enough to have conspiracies against us. Now, if we were always in the top ten and still getting no respect, it may be more feasable. Once we start winning again on a big stage we an revisit the lack of respect angle

Should we add the BTN?

+1

Ha! Thank you!

I don't think most on here are that sensitive, but a 3 pt prediction by Dienhart and a 4 pt prediciton by Sean Merriman doesn't make any sense. Especially when Dienhart then writes that Nebraska probably has the best offense in the west and may have the best in the B1G. But even with that great offense NU will only put up 30 against a team that was 3-9 last year.

As far as DiNardo goes again I get the love for Iowa and the show me something about Nebraska, most on here do get it. What I don't get is the love for the Gophers. Did watch any of that game last night. a six point win against a team that was 2-10 the year before. They were losing that game at about 8 min left in the 4th Q. They could have had an off night, but if they are really that good they should have beat the Beavers by about 20.