Fo Fiddy

ZRod

We, as in the fans.

We haven't seen a strong glimpse that he's still got it. If I'm not mistaken, he's had more fumbles than successful returns this year. And while it's great that he did get that return, probably should have fair caught it. I could understand a coach being worried about his decision-making back there, but also wanting to bring him along.

I guess we'll see. Ultimately, our barometer for how ST is going is basically going to come down to how many highlight reels our returners rip off this year. Hopefully it's a lot.

In the first Northwestern video, watch between the 30 and 40 yard line - we have about four or five players that just kind of freeze and stand there. I don't know what they're supposed to do there, but I can't imagine that they are coached to just stay in place.

The second timeout that we called on the NW punt was due to Rose-Ivey and DPE both being on the field together (two #15s). I guess I don't get how we can let two starters wear the same number. I realize that there are more than 100 players so there have to be duplicate numbers, but maybe they need to limit the duplicates to the redshirts and guys buried down the depth chart.

In the first Northwestern video, watch between the 30 and 40 yard line - we have about four or five players that just kind of freeze and stand there. I don't know what they're supposed to do there, but I can't imagine that they are coached to just stay in place.

The second timeout that we called on the NW punt was due to Rose-Ivey and DPE both being on the field together (two #15s). I guess I don't get how we can let two starters wear the same number. I realize that there are more than 100 players so there have to be duplicate numbers, but maybe they need to limit the duplicates to the redshirts and guys buried down the depth chart.

Offense vs defense

First, are you telling me that five or six Huskers are standing around during almost every punt, and that is not what they are coached to do? That is the scheme, a baffling, confusing scheme. Let me ask you this, if you believe that to be true, do you think the coaches would put those guys on the field again and again if that is not what they are coached to do?

Now, as far as two players (or starters in this case) wearing the same number, that happens all the time. DPE is on offense, Rose-Ivey is on defense. Very normal. Here is a current list of starters/significant contributors with the same number:

#1 Westy, Lamar Jackson

#8 Stanley Morgan, Chris Jones

#15 DPE, Rose-Ivey

#34 Terrell Newby, Drew Brown

Kansas special teams coach Joe DeForest [/size]

Tonight three highlights including a blocked punt for a safety

And how did that work out for Kansas?

Special teams were the lone bright spot for them. And I think NU could get him for a lot less than 450k and get a much better on the field product

• Fire 1

Kansas special teams coach Joe DeForest [/size]

Tonight three highlights including a blocked punt for a safety

And how did that work out for Kansas?

Special teams were the lone bright spot for them. And I think NU could get him for a lot less than 450k and get a much better on the field product

Lets wait till the season is over to see if NU or Kansas has the better special teams.

• 3 weeks later...