Fo Fiddy

ZRod

Tavita Thompson is in his last year as a GA this year. Would it be worth moving Fo Fiddy into the office to open a permanent staff position for Tavita? He has had good success with coaching TE and is also good with recruiting. Not sure what you do with ST at that point. Maybe Riley can pick up the ST responsibilities, like Bo did in the 2014 season?

I have heard this thought from others, but I wanted to bring it up within this discussion.

Special teams improved substantially after Bo took over. Lets bring Bo back as special teams coach; we are paying his salary anyway. :o

LOL.

I'll double down to keep him out.....

I think I understand the punt return plan. We let five of their guys go by, then if DPE is able to get by them with a couple moves we have a huge blocking advantage down field.

In his press conference yesterday (LINK at 4:35) Riley said we left our defense on the field for three punts. They had scouted Indy and expected a fake punt from midfield, and were playing to avoid the fake rather than setting up a return. That explains the lack of blocking on some of those returns. :dunno:

We also had two plays again where 1) we sent 10 men out for a field goal and had to wait an extra 20 seconds until someone noticed (all of the guys on the field were yelling, sideline unresponsive) and Trey Foster goes running out and 2) we sent out 12 to block a field goal and got flagged.

Minor nit-pick: I think the flag for 12 men was on an XP not a FG

I think I understand the punt return plan. We let five of their guys go by, then if DPE is able to get by them with a couple moves we have a huge blocking advantage down field.

In his press conference yesterday (

) Riley said we left our defense on the field for three punts. They had scouted Indy and expected a fake punt from midfield, and were playing to avoid the fake rather than setting up a return. That explains the lack of blocking on some of those returns. :dunno:

But what about the other games?
  • Fire 1

We also had two plays again where 1) we sent 10 men out for a field goal and had to wait an extra 20 seconds until someone noticed (all of the guys on the field were yelling, sideline unresponsive) and Trey Foster goes running out and 2) we sent out 12 to block a field goal and got flagged.

Minor nit-pick: I think the flag for 12 men was on an XP not a FG

Wow! Atbone95, you have a really attention for detail. Ever thought about being a ST coordinator? :P

) Riley said we left our defense on the field for three punts. They had scouted Indy and expected a fake punt from midfield, and were playing to avoid the fake rather than setting up a return. That explains the lack of blocking on some of those returns. :dunno:

I dunno. I was just surprised to hear that our defense was still in there sometimes and our punt return team wasn't on the field. Well, except for DPE standing back there all alone. I hadn't noticed that.

I dunno. I was just surprised to hear that our defense was still in there sometimes and our punt return team wasn't on the field. Well, except for DPE standing back there all alone. I hadn't noticed that.

I mean I guess that makes sense. But it sounds less like a reason and more like an excuse, Indiana wasn't an anomoly. We suck at blocking for the return man on EVERY punt.

• Fire 1

I mean I guess that makes sense. But it sounds less like a reason and more like an excuse, Indiana wasn't an anomoly. We suck at blocking for the return man on EVERY punt.

True enough. +1. I'm just pointing out something from HCMR's presser that I hadn't noticed. It makes me wonder whether we've done this in previous games. Because our return blocking sucked well before Indy this past Saturday.

True enough. +1. I'm just pointing out something from HCMR's presser that I hadn't noticed. It makes me wonder whether we've done this in previous games. Because our return blocking sucked well before Indy this past Saturday.

If we have, I sure haven't noticed it. Interesting way to go about it. But I'd like to give DPE a chance at doing what he does best.