Fo Fiddy

ZRod

His boyfriend is not going anywhere In the end he will quietly retire into a sweet position in the athletic department

What's your deal?

My deal?

Well...Riley is not going to demote him, he won't can him, he will probably have 1 option.

He will be told that they want him to take a position in the athletic department instead of being a coach. It won't pay nearly as well but he will still be making bank.

I'm talking about your deal to call him "his boyfriend". Are you kidding me?

No, I am not kidding you. Brofriend? Is that okay?

I admit that I don't know much about this contracts or what the ties/relationships are - but why wouldn't Read get fired based on poor performance just like Hank Hughes did last year?

Read won't get fired because he is best buddies with Riley. Riley had no previous relationship with Hughes, so he was easy to fire after last season.

This is why most people assume that Riley will have Read move on to a high-paying admin position within the athletic department, rather than kicking him to the curb.

• Fire 1

That blocked punt was just atrocious. If you see them pinching down to blow up the middle you should probably shift in to a max protect. Not rocket science.

What is up with that goofy spread punt formation where we leave the huge gaps next to the snapper? Does any other team in the county line up like that? It's the second punt we've had blocked from that formation. It's the only time I screamed at the TV all day. Baffling.

Does any HS coach in the country run a spread punt formation backed up to the goal line? We got lucky it only cost us 2.

there are a ton of teams that line up like that with huge gaps. Now as far as teams that do it inside their own 5 that may be a different story

For those asking about tavita, everything I have heard has stated that we should absolutely be getting guy on the coaching staff.

Does the rule change for an additional coaching position happen next year? That could be how we retain Tavita.
Did that rule actually pass or is it still in talks? I had thought it was still just a proposal. Regardless, I think we should dump read. You do not need a full time special teams coach to be sufficient at special teams.

That blocked punt was just atrocious. If you see them pinching down to blow up the middle you should probably shift in to a max protect. Not rocket science.

What is up with that goofy spread punt formation where we leave the huge gaps next to the snapper? Does any other team in the county line up like that? It's the second punt we've had blocked from that formation. It's the only time I screamed at the TV all day. Baffling.

Does any HS coach in the country run a spread punt formation backed up to the goal line? We got lucky it only cost us 2.

Yes, a lot of teams use that punt formation. We even used it the last couple years of Bo's tenure. Remember the fake punt against UCLA where we had a 300 lb OL running with the ball trying to pick up the first down?

I've never liked though. It seems too inviting to block punts with a big rush up the middle. I was hoping that Read would ditch it when the new staff moved over. And you have to have some checks (especially at the goal line) that if they line up X guys over the center you lessen your splits.

And if a returner were to break through the first line, you then have 3 fat guys trying to chase him down.

Yes, a lot of teams use that punt formation. We even used it the last couple years of Bo's tenure. Remember the fake punt against UCLA where we had a 300 lb OL running with the ball trying to pick up the first down?

I've never liked though. It seems too inviting to block punts with a big rush up the middle. I was hoping that Read would ditch it when the new staff moved over. And you have to have some checks (especially at the goal line) that if they line up X guys over the center you lessen your splits.

And if a returner were to break through the first line, you then have 3 fat guys trying to chase him down.

I'm fine with the formation if it can be executed properly. Most teams don't rush the punt really and are looking to set up a return. This formation is great when that is the case, but it's also not that difficult to spot that they have a punt block on and shift into a protective formation.

Well, unless you're Nebraska

For those asking about tavita, everything I have heard has stated that we should absolutely be getting guy on the coaching staff.

Does the rule change for an additional coaching position happen next year? That could be how we retain Tavita.
Did that rule actually pass or is it still in talks? I had thought it was still just a proposal. Regardless, I think we should dump read. You do not need a full time special teams coach to be sufficient at special teams.

Even if we pretend you do... hire someone who's good at it or give half his money to Williams or a different coach who is good at coaching/recruiting so they don't leave.

Tavita Thompson is in his last year as a GA this year. Would it be worth moving Fo Fiddy into the office to open a permanent staff position for Tavita? He has had good success with coaching TE and is also good with recruiting. Not sure what you do with ST at that point. Maybe Riley can pick up the ST responsibilities, like Bo did in the 2014 season?

I have heard this thought from others, but I wanted to bring it up within this discussion.

Special teams improved substantially after Bo took over. Lets bring Bo back as special teams coach; we are paying his salary anyway. :o

Not trying to throw Lightbourn under the bus but ....

https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/787736902661120000

2 blocked punts on the season aren't going to help that average. I wonder what the average would be without those blocked punts.

Lightbourn has a great leg, he just needs to work on his consistency and hang time. I would hope Read is spending some time with him on that.