Fo Fiddy

ZRod

It get it if you want to argue that on a short field it is a judgement call based on philosophy as to whether you play for a return or play against the fake, but what about this one?

NSfxzbX - Imgur.gif

Yeah I was surprised DPE didn't return that one. Yeah, there wasn't any blocking, but the defenders were about 10 yards away so he still could have gotten something of a return with the possibility of breaking a tackle and busting it loose

Not sure what Read is, or isn't, doing as far as coaching goes. But on some of these punts I think DPE himself is at least partially to blame. Pierson-El is one of the best in the nation at running back punts. Maybe *the* best—once he has the ball in his hands. But he's really not that great at fielding punts and making the run/fair catch decision. JMHO.

• Fire 1

That blocked punt was just atrocious. If you see them pinching down to blow up the middle you should probably shift in to a max protect. Not rocket science.

What is up with that goofy spread punt formation where we leave the huge gaps next to the snapper? Does any other team in the county line up like that? It's the second punt we've had blocked from that formation. It's the only time I screamed at the TV all day. Baffling.

Does any HS coach in the country run a spread punt formation backed up to the goal line? We got lucky it only cost us 2.

It get it if you want to argue that on a short field it is a judgement call based on philosophy as to whether you play for a return or play against the fake, but what about this one?

NSfxzbX - Imgur.gif

Yeah I was surprised DPE didn't return that one. Yeah, there wasn't any blocking, but the defenders were about 10 yards away so he still could have gotten something of a return with the possibility of breaking a tackle and busting it loose

Not sure what Read is, or isn't, doing as far as coaching goes. But on some of these punts I think DPE himself is at least partially to blame. Pierson-El is one of the best in the nation at running back punts. Maybe *the* bestonce he has the ball in his hands. But he's really not that great at fielding punts and making the run/fair catch decision. JMHO.

Is that why we don't block for him? Because the fact that he has any return yardage this year is almost entirely because of his abilities, not our scheme.

His boyfriend is not going anywhere In the end he will quietly retire into a sweet position in the athletic department

What's your deal?

My deal?

Well...Riley is not going to demote him, he won't can him, he will probably have 1 option.

He will be told that they want him to take a position in the athletic department instead of being a coach. It won't pay nearly as well but he will still be making bank.

Tavita Thompson is in his last year as a GA this year. Would it be worth moving Fo Fiddy into the office to open a permanent staff position for Tavita? He has had good success with coaching TE and is also good with recruiting. Not sure what you do with ST at that point. Maybe Riley can pick up the ST responsibilities, like Bo did in the 2014 season?

I have heard this thought from others, but I wanted to bring it up within this discussion.

Tavita Thompson is in his last year as a GA this year. Would it be worth moving Fo Fiddy into the office to open a permanent staff position for Tavita? He has had good success with coaching TE and is also good with recruiting. Not sure what you do with ST at that point. Maybe Riley can pick up the ST responsibilities, like Bo did in the 2014 season?

I have heard this thought from others, but I wanted to bring it up within this discussion.

I could see that...Riley saying "Hey, Bruce, tell you what...how about a sweet gig in the AD's office, it will pay about 150,000"

I could see that...Riley saying "Hey, Bruce, tell you what...how about a sweet gig in the AD's office, it will pay about 150,000"

Maybe he can be the Assistant to the Traveling Secretary. He could probably take naps under his desk during the day.

His boyfriend is not going anywhere In the end he will quietly retire into a sweet position in the athletic department

What's your deal?

My deal?

Well...Riley is not going to demote him, he won't can him, he will probably have 1 option.

He will be told that they want him to take a position in the athletic department instead of being a coach. It won't pay nearly as well but he will still be making bank.

I'm talking about your deal to call him "his boyfriend". Are you kidding me?

• Fire 2