Fo Fiddy

ZRod

ST turns in a great day against Oregon, little mention...

I suppose we'll have to wait to hand it off to some GA to see how it goes.

We have potentially one of the best punt returners in the country. One good return and maybe a few good returns set up the entire season isn't even to pay this guy $450k.

Prior to Oregon, we had ZERO return yards. Word was last week, TA pulled DPE aside and said "you've got to do something". Still unsure if that was DPE just going for it or Read actually called the return. Looking at tonight and the 1st 2 games, DPE went YOLO.

Elements of our ST have been fine, but there's a serious problem when we routinely do not have enough players out there, or have like 10 offsides penalties on PATs, or revert to 2013 Pelini style punt returns, etc. It's totally inexplicable and stuff that never even happened on my high school team.

Barring some strange miracle, one extreme to the other m, 180 degreeturnaround, Read wont be back next season. The tone was set with Hughes. Do your job. This isnt pelini where we either keep underperformers arou d because A. Theyre buddies, or B. You dont garner the respect to be able to find anyone better. There urgency with this bunch. And Right now Read is not getting it done. You can see it in Rileys face with every special teams gaffe.

• Fire 1

Fielding punts is the worst aspect of our 'special teams' game and has been for a bunch of years really. DPE broke a couple three but other than that, we have generally sucked and maybe have led the nation in 'fair catches' and or watch 'em bounce and pin us deep!

Lightborne needs to get a little more control as he booms the ones he needs to chip and roll on and then chips and rolls on the ones he needs to kick away. But he is slowly coming around. I don't know why it takes this long to learn to punt consistently when you are a scholarship kicker. I seem to recall he was a scholarship place kicker and not punter but IDK.