Stadium atmosphere

It was up there with any other game. Not 100% of the time, but the times that it mattered. There's something that happens to the air when the noise rises above a certain threshold - you can almost physically feel the dB level kick into 5th gear, and that happened a few times yesterday.

The fans brought it.

• Fire 3

One of the best games I've witnessed. Not quite electricity of Miami or the dance party of Michigan State but those were night games and we weren't nearly as exhausted at the end of those...

Maybe the 2nd best day game atmosphere ever behind OU in 01 for me personally.

Basically a 3.5 hour gutwrenching rollercoaster ride under an unwaveringly brutal sun.

Yesterday ranks right up there with the Miami game in 2014, Henery's kick & Suh's pick six versus Colorado in 2008 for the loudest that I have ever personally witnessed Memorial Stadium being.

If I had to compare the sound of yesterday to past games it would be:

Miami vs Nebraska 2014 - A truly electrifying night game environment from kickoff to the final whistle. A crowd sound boarding on pure rage for the entire game.

Colorado vs Nebraska 2008 - Before Henery's 57 yard field goal you could hear a pin drop in the old cathedral. After the kick, was one of the most thunderous, sustaining sounds Memorial Stadium has ever witnessed. It literally felt like an earthquake.

Oregon vs Nebraska 2016 - A tidal wave of sound that just kept increasing as the game got later into the 4th quarter. Literally a wave of emotions, almost as if the crowd was saying "we got your back, now you do your part...and they did!"

• Fire 5

I was in the North stadium. First time I've left a game with my ears ringing. This was insanely loud. It was such an amazing atmosphere. When they did the 'Let me Clear my Throat' after Tommy's TD, the place was as loud as I can ever remember it. Colorado 92, OU 01, OU 09, Miami last year. That moment topped them all.

Brock Huard sounded genuinely impressed by the whole game day experience yesterday.

Not in the generic cliche way that announcers do for the network's benefit, but genuinely impressed in that this-is-college-football-at-its-best way.

I know it's been years since Nebraska has contended, but Lincoln, Nebraska still means something in college football.

• Fire 3

One other game in my memory of games I attended. OU vs NU 78 and the explosive roar when sims fumbled at the three. I was in the south end zone student section(not a student at the time, graduated 72)for that game. Atmosphere very similar to Saturday's game. Except we were 76,000 strong for that game. I couldn't tell you which roar was louder at the end. Both incredible experiences for me.