Presidential Debates Discussion Thread

The only winner in any of the 3 debates was Chris Wallace. Thought he did an outstanding and fair job moderating #3. The other 2 were biased and lost control.

I thought Clinton did poorly in all 3 but Trump was definitely the biggest loser in all 3. He may have some (I said SOME) valid talking points but when it comes to actual policy details he has none. Sorry Donald but simply saying you'll make America great again or you'll fix the economy or whatever hot button topic he's spouting, people would like to hear how, not just that you'll do it and she won't. I don't think she will either but at least she has details on how she's going to f#ck things up. All DJT has is a bad attitude and unprofessional disposition that we know will cause more problems than it solves.

I got my mail-in ballot a few days ago and still not sure what I'm going to do. The thing I do know is that I will not be voting for either one of these worthless human beings.

The only winner in any of the 3 debates was Chris Wallace. Thought he did an outstanding and fair job moderating #3. The other 2 were biased and lost control.

I was really impressed with Chris Wallace. I thought all of the moderators were professional and unbiased, but Wallace certainly did the best job controlling both candidates and enforcing the time constraints.

This is alarming and dangerous. This is a man who would be president, who is openly calling into question the legitimacy of Democracy in America.

Lol this is so BS. There are people on those rosters all over the place who shouldn't be. My girlfriend went in to vote for the primaries and came back out crying because she gave her last name and the worked asked if she was her grandmother who died 5 years ago. Opened some wounds, but that's not my point. She could have said yes and voted twice if she wanted to.

Okay, we got 1. Now we only have 999,999+ to go.

You're correct that your girlfriend could have "tried" to vote twice. But when she signed the book right by her previous signature, the worker should have realized it was the same person. Do they catch them all? No. There have been 31 out of 1 billion that have gotten through.

At one point I told my wife Clinton was lying. She asked how I knew - I said her lips were moving. Clinton has slick way of sliding out of those difficult questions - she evaded the Foundation question wt a pivot to the 'great work' they are doing ignoring the corruption question. When you see her in deep thought, choosing her words carefully, that is normally a signal that a lie is on the way. She has her canned, well rehearsed answers. While Trump can come across as a dufus and unlearned wt some of his foot in mouth answers, at least he isn't canned and come across as a polished politician.

I still cannot believe we have to choose between these two.

Hillary's response about open borders was classic. She denies she was talking about open borders in the $250k speech but rather free flow of energy. Totally side stepping the question.

from wikileaks:

*Hillary Clinton Said Her Dream Is A Hemispheric Common Market, With Open Trade And Open Markets. *“My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere.” [05162013 Remarks to Banco Itau.doc, p. 28]

The fact that her memory is either that good that she remembered exactly what she said, or had enough foresight to know that was going to come up, illustrates how much she has her 'poop in a group' compared to her opponent. You see a person weaseling out of a question, I see a very intelligent and prepared person that refuses to be put in a position where she doesn't have a valid argument.

Not sure if anybody watched them exit the stage at the end ... this captures part of it. After this (when you see Hillary walk in front of the camera) she went and shook Wallace's hand and thanked him and then went into the crowd. Donald stood at the podium until his family came to him and then they left the building.

And I'd love to know who was sitting over to his right that he kept looking to - overtime he grimaced or said something out of line or off track he looked over there like somebody was correcting him or giving him signals total out.

after Hillary went down into the crowd, Trump proceeded over to Wallace to greet him. Then greeted some ppl in the crowd. then stood with his family for 5-10 minutes i believe. This was all seen on NBC, as they had a split screen up while the analysts were talking.

Missed that - I was on CBS. I saw Don Jr. speaking with someone in the crowd but not him.

Anyone know what this was all about? I missed this part.

It was the end of the debate - Wallace was saying "voting is important, do your duty etc, thank you good night" and Hillary was walking over to shake Wallace's hand and thank him before moving to her supporters in the crowd.

He looks pretty frustrated huh? I saw his family come to the podium and the folks on CBS said he left ... someone else here said that he too went to the crowd and did thank Wallace, but that wasn't something visible on the channel I watched.

I just finished watching it. On the video I watched, on page 8 of this thread, Donald goes to Wallace and shakes his hand a few seconds after Hillary did and before his family ever came up to the stage. So if anyone is saying something else or trying to make that an issue that's just plain false from what I seen. I thought it was Trump's best debate and yes he had a few moments that weren't necessary. The nasty woman comment wasn't necessary and certainly doesn't help him considering some of the accusations out there. I'm not shocked by the not willing to concede losing comment. I believe Gore did something similar to this in 2000 when there was a recount of votes in Florida while standing in front of the white house, but I'm not completely sure specifically what he said.

I still had a problem with this debate, but it's kind of the nature of the beast with this. I'm sick of the personal attacks against one another. Talk about the issues we're facing as a country and leave the personal attacks at home. This is the first time I've watched all debates for president and it might be the last if this is always going to be the tone. I realize you should hit on your opponents negatives, but I think this presidential campaign has been more nasty that others.