Only two INTs through 5 games

That's because TA is being played how he is meant to be played. The majority of plays involving him are designed runs or screen passes, which is very encouraging.

I'm not an X and O guy, but I wonder if we have some of Tom Herman's run pass option plays installed. I still think TA is much better rolling out.

Other than yesterdays INT, he has really cut down on the who in the heck was that ball thrown to. He and Langs seem to really have him playing at a much better level than last year and within his abilities. Finally square peg square hole with him. Langs also appears to be growing into calling what works. Although yesterday I was confused at some play calls.

• Fire 2

Tommy has done a great job this year. There are still a few carless passes that he has gotten lucky with, but all QBs have those. He's also learned to throw it away and live another down. That in itself is huge! I said after the first game he was going to be ok this year, and someone scoffed at it, but he's been very good so far. We are going to miss him next year. If nothing else the guy is a baller and will never quit. That is a must at the position.

If we did have him one more year, the only thing he really needs to work on is protecting his recievers. Too often he leaves them with no room to run after the catch, or exposes their bodies to punishing hits in order to make the catch.

• Fire 1

He's still trying to will the ball into the hands of his chosen triple-covered receiver, which really bugs me and makes me start obsessing about how that might be the game ball against Wisconsin. But then he threw the TD to the tight end who had hardly played, and other timing passes that he threw like a pro.

​He's doing good and we should worry more about the lousy pass blocking that causes him to throw under duress than a few target decisions. Like a few screens, counters, roll outs, etc

​That play where we got penalized for setting a pick and blocking the db's too soon was a sweet looking play. I'd like Bobdog to call more of those and the players to execute them properly.

I've been very critical of him, even at the start of this season, but he's definitely improved. He's gotten much better at short passes and understands it's okay to throw the ball out of bounds. The INT throw he did yesterday did remind me of what he did a lot in year's past but this year it's a rare occasion for him to wing it into double/triple coverage.

• Fire 1

Both were horrible and I almost think that is a good thing. In years past there were a lot of passes that could have been picked off but were dropped. TA is not really doing that this year, he has been really good.

Agree that he's shown marked improvement, but I believe every game he's had a ball dropped that shouldve been picked. Against UO and NW, both that were dropped probably wouldve gone for 6.

Both were horrible and I almost think that is a good thing. In years past there were a lot of passes that could have been picked off but were dropped. TA is not really doing that this year, he has been really good.

Agree that he's shown marked improvement, but I believe every game he's had a ball dropped that shouldve been picked. Against UO and NW, both that were dropped probably wouldve gone for 6.

Vs Oregon Tommy had two passes dropped that should have been picked, one of them probably would have been a pick six if the db hadn't dropped it.

Tommy has done a great job this year. There are still a few carless passes that he has gotten lucky with, but all QBs have those. He's also learned to throw it away and live another down. That in itself is huge! I said after the first game he was going to be ok this year, and someone scoffed at it, but he's been very good so far. We are going to miss him next year. If nothing else the guy is a baller and will never quit. That is a must at the position.

If we did have him one more year, the only thing he really needs to work on is protecting his recievers. Too often he leaves them with no room to run after the catch, or exposes their bodies to punishing hits in order to make the catch.

I like this post. He's dialed in. You can tell he's extremely focused out there and it's helped the team tremendously moving the chains. He's playing smarter and protecting the football. Not as YOLO as we've seen over the years. That's huge.

Tommy's looked better but that int number could easily be 4 if not 5. Several near picks already but fortunately for Nebraska and Tommy those passes were dropped by the defenders. A little luck never hurts obviously.

You can say the samething about coulda, shoulda, woulda picks and any QB. It's just part of the game.