Rest Tommy next week?

I like the idea in terms of physical healing, but not in general terms. We've been playing pretty well since Purdue last year, but I'm not to the point yet where I feel we have "gimme" games. I'd say give Tommie a very light week in practice, give Fyfe some serious time with the 1sts, with the intent to get Fyfe in the game as early as possible. I do like the idea of Tommie have at least some game reps next week just to stay sharp (if that is actually a thing).

He is obviously not 100% right now.

• Fire 1

I'm on the fence with this. Clearly we should throttle Purdue and win easily. The problem is I'm just waiting for that sneak attack game to come and get us. If Purdue is that bad against the run then clearly TA can hand the ball of just as well as Fyfe can and shouldn't have to move as much. That takes the unknowns out with Fyfe at the helm on throwing the ball when it's needed, we need to get back to short passes like we've been doing, the Indiana game plan seemed bad. With Ozigbo banged up you need to be careful with how many carries you give him and start managing those the best you can. Our 3rd and 4th string backs should be able to run on this team to be honest. I'd give them the bulk of the carries if we get up big in the first half and give Ozigbo and Newby some rest. If we're up big then in the second half I'm good with Fyfe continuing to hand the ball off and maybe make some short passing plays here or there.

We've got a chance to do something surprising this season. Everything is in front of us, but we have to manage these injuries issues smartly or we're going to fall apart down the stretch.

Fyfe can manage this offense if we are running the ball well and running it 60+% of the time. The offense is not going to see a huge drop between Fyfe and a hobbled TA, if anything I think we could be more effective if Fyfe can throw a quick timing pass a little more accurately than TA can, which I don't think is a reach.

Only the coaching staff knows how injured Tommy is..BUT what upcoming games would you rather have Tommy available for? Stuff happens on the field even when you're playing bad opponents meaning he could get hurt worse. And if he's playing he's probably not healing. Like another said, I think its worth consideration.