Rest Tommy next week?

Unfortunately, while optimistic at this team, I don't see us as a team that can take a week off against any opponent. Use TA sparingly in the run game like we did against Illinois. Rest him this week. He should be experienced enough to know what to do come game time. If we feel the need to "rest" him against Purdue, use him like Indiana dir Lagow and Diamont. keep them off balance. Use him very sparingly in the designed run game.

If we wanted to try to "rest" guys, it would be the OL.......

We are not good enough to "rest" our starting QB or give anything less than 100% against anybody, including Purdue- a team we lost to last year. This kind of thinking, when it bleeds over into players' and coaches' preparation, is how games that should be won are lost.

thinking our backup may be as effective as our clearly hurt quarterback, and wanting to get our starter to 100% before we play the best defense in our division isn't complacency or over confidence.

Armstrong looked terrible, I think Fyfe could play just as well as Armstrong did yesterday and without risk of Armstrong aggravating his injury. Why should this be shut down? Do we think bum ankle Tommy is leaps and bounds ahead of our backup and if we put Ryker in our offense will diminish into a unit that couldn't put up points against a defense made up entirely of marshmallow men?

We are not good enough to "rest" our starting QB or give anything less than 100% against anybody, including Purdue- a team we lost to last year. This kind of thinking, when it bleeds over into players' and coaches' preparation, is how games that should be won are lost.

thinking our backup may be as effective as our clearly hurt quarterback, and wanting to get our starter to 100% before we play the best defense in our division isn't complacency or over confidence.

Armstrong looked terrible, I think Fyfe could play just as well as Armstrong did yesterday and without risk of Armstrong aggravating his injury. Why should this be shut down? Do we think bum ankle Tommy is leaps and bounds ahead of our backup and if we put Ryker in our offense will diminish into a unit that couldn't put up points against a defense made up entirely of marshmallow men?

I think Armstrong mostly looked terrible because our O-line played terrible. Lots of plays were blown up at the LOS before they even got going. If we could rest anybody, I'd like to rest our four o-line starters with sprained ankles.

I trust coaches to play the best available QB for the game. If that's Ryker Fyfe, that's fine with me. But I wouldn't just assume we can afford to rest our best player because we think Purdue isn't any good.

I think Armstrong mostly looked terrible because our O-line played terrible. Lots of plays were blown up at the LOS before they even got going. If we could rest anybody, I'd like to rest our four o-line starters with sprained ankles.

I trust coaches to play the best available QB for the game. If that's Ryker Fyfe, that's fine with me. But I wouldn't just assume we can afford to rest our best player because we think Purdue isn't any good.

see we mostly agree. I don't think we should sit Tommy just to sit him but if the ankle is bothering him I'd rather sit him down and be full go against Wisconsin than 75% for the next few weeks. Same goes for any guy on the team for that matter.

Tommy did not look comfortable yesterday. Not smiling, not having fun. Injured for sure, but being the warrior he is, he played thru it. I say set him the whole week, let Ryker run the show the whole week, TA extra therapy. If at the end of the week, Tommy is ready to play at near 100% then he starts, if he is still hurting, play Ryker and if needed put Tommy in.

To have any chance against Wisconsin, Tommy will need to be on the field and as near 100% as he can be. Purdue, has the ability to beat us, no question, but I think Ryker has the ability to beat Purdue. Kids get hurt when not 100% or giving 100% effort. See Taylor Martinez.

Tommy did not look comfortable yesterday. Not smiling, not having fun. Injured for sure, but being the warrior he is, he played thru it. I say set him the whole week, let Ryker run the show the whole week, TA extra therapy. If at the end of the week, Tommy is ready to play at near 100% then he starts, if he is still hurting, play Ryker and if needed put Tommy in.

To have any chance against Wisconsin, Tommy will need to be on the field and as near 100% as he can be. Purdue, has the ability to beat us, no question, but I think Ryker has the ability to beat Purdue. Kids get hurt when not 100% or giving 100% effort. See Taylor Martinez.

This! I think Fyfe, if he's gotta play, can fill out a game manager role very effectively. I don't think Tommy knows what a game manager is. Obviously he is a baller and wants to make the big play and that can be incredible for us. But as far as Fyfe is concerned, he can come in, make the short throws to the flat and across the middle efficiently, hand the ball off and take one shot a quarter to keep the defense honest. That game plan will win us the game against Purdue.