Injury updates

mwj98

Probably will be Friday as well....

That sux, however I was impressed with Fyfe. Other than back pedaling 50 yards on some passes he played well. Appeared play calling went to his strengths (23-37 and 5 rushes for 35 yards). Against Iowa, I am unsure if our OL will be able to even give him close to the time he had today. OL will need to step up big time.

Any word on Oz?

The back pedaling appears to be a panic reaction but it sucks everyone in, leaving coverage soft on the receivers. I don't know if that's the intention but for today it was quite effective.

True. Almost an over emphasized draw. I was probably most impressed that he hit guys in stride. Gave them the opportunity to get some YAC.

• Fire 1

Probably will be Friday as well....

That sux, however I was impressed with Fyfe. Other than back pedaling 50 yards on some passes he played well. Appeared play calling went to his strengths (23-37 and 5 rushes for 35 yards). Against Iowa, I am unsure if our OL will be able to even give him close to the time he had today. OL will need to step up big time.

Any word on Oz?

The back pedaling appears to be a panic reaction but it sucks everyone in, leaving coverage soft on the receivers. I don't know if that's the intention but for today it was quite effective.

Very true - don't think it hurt us once and our receivers did a nice job of coming back towards him for the catch. Going to have to win the line of scrimmage on both sides against Iowa.

Tommy posted this on social media today:

First I want to thank the university of Nebraska for allowing me to be a part of such a great team. Secondly I would like to say thank you to the fans who have always been a part of my life these past 5 years. You guys have supported not only me but this team through all tough times and great times. I know I promised that I would play but some times there are things you just can't recover from as fast. I would kill to be out there one last time with my boys but I know they will do just fine. I just want the fans in nebraska to know I gave it my all and it saddens me to walk out there my last time without that uniform on again with my brothers. I'll always cherish the moments I left on this field and the friendships I made. I will soak in every moment I can this last home game because I know I will never see another fan base like this again. You guys are truly the greatest fans in the world. You have been more than just fans to me over my career at Nebraska. You have been like a family to me!!!! And for that I say Thank You!!! Thank You HuskerNation for all the years you believed in me.

I realize he could be referencing just missing his last home game. But that doesn't sound like a player who likes his chances to keep playing the rest of this season.

• Fire 1

First I want to thank the university of Nebraska for allowing me to be a part of such a great team. Secondly I would like to say thank you to the fans who have always been a part of my life these past 5 years. You guys have supported not only me but this team through all tough times and great times. I know I promised that I would play but some times there are things you just can't recover from as fast. I would kill to be out there one last time with my boys but I know they will do just fine. I just want the fans in nebraska to know I gave it my all and it saddens me to walk out there my last time without that uniform on again with my brothers. I'll always cherish the moments I left on this field and the friendships I made. I will soak in every moment I can this last home game because I know I will never see another fan base like this again. You guys are truly the greatest fans in the world. You have been more than just fans to me over my career at Nebraska. You have been like a family to me!!!! And for that I say Thank You!!! Thank You HuskerNation for all the years you believed in me.

I realize he could be referencing just missing his last home game. But that doesn't sound like a player who likes his chances to keep playing the rest of this season.

A lot of great players have come and gone wearing the scarlet and cream, but a few of them truly bleed Husker red. Tommie is one of them. You can feel how badly he would like to be out there, gimpy or not. I will be extremely sad to see him move along. Dude is a true warrior.

Naw I'm not too worried. Riley felt more confident about Tommy playing against Iowa than he did 6 days ago