This loss vs. Wisconsin is on Langsdorf...

Yes, our defense took their patented mid-game siesta and Wisconsin's RBs got a few big runs. And yes, the officials swallowed their whistles on at least 10 points.

But when you look at why this game was lost, it was because our offense squandered opportunities (e.g. Gerry's picks) and played not to lose (last regulation offensive series). This was because our OC constantly failed to either stick with what was working (e.g. zone read) or fixed what wasn't working (e.g. pocket passing, traps) with playcalling.

It's a sad state of affairs that we aren't utilizing more boundary plays (e.g. sweeps, toss plays) to help nullify opponents stacking the box. We also aren't rolling Tommy out when he's getting passes batted down, and it's a shock that if we're running zone read option plays, we can't put a play or two in there for a rollout option pass, especially when it would work well with the skillset our kids have currently.

We know what we have in Tommy--to put the blame on Tommy for this is missing the point. In a way, we're back to where we were at this time last year, where we needed Langsdorf to step up his game and fix the holes in his playcalling NOW instead of waiting for the off-season. Fortunately, we're playing for much higher stakes this year, and we can still get to the B1G Title Game if we win out. But we've got to start having an OC that can actually call a complete, strategic game first.

• Fire 6

I agree, BUT it did not help that their backup running back ran all over us and westerkamp got tackled in OT

Agreed. That non-call on the pick was something the B1G HQ should weigh in on.

But frankly, if we had an OC that actually called plays in a strategic, cohesive manner, and it didn't look like he pinned his playbook to a dartboard in the coaching booth, this game would have been 10+ in our favor in the 4th.

I'm in. This game was purely on Langs. I bitched about Indiana, Purdue and now this one. He has no counter in the running game against aggressive fronts.

In OT, 2 plays right into the teeth of their D? The same crap that hasn't work all game. Yea, he called a great game.

For full disclosure, his first 5 games he exploited the D. Past 3, not at all.

• Fire 7

Sigh...I guess every offensive coordinator/play caller that has played Wisconsin should be fired considering they are top 5 in every defensive category after playing FIVE top ten teams so far this season. That defense is probably the best in the country with the possible exception of Alabama.

I'm sure there are some calls he would like back, but all of you internet geniuses that think you know more than our coaches absolutely make me weep for the ignorance of society.

ITDTG how many runs up the gut can you call before you realize, that crap aint working? Apparently it's like 40 because that idiot Langsdorf kept calling the same play on first down nearly every series. In OT he called it twice in a friggin row.

• Fire 4

I am literally amazed that half of the people on this board have time to make comments as they certainly must be OC's and DC's at top ten programs around the country.

Man we played hard, Wisconsin played hard, calls were missed, and every single part of Nebraska gave it their all.

Take the loss, and work harder. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quit whining like a bunch of little girls.

• Fire 3

Last series was a little bit of a head scratcher. PI miss was awful, still may not have one but hate that the chance was taken away on such an obvious call. Should have punished Wisc after Gerry's first interception. Take the frustrations out at Ohio St, get into the championship game. I had confidence this team could win until the very last second, haven't felt that in a while. Had lots of opportunities and won't blame the refs, but that crew should be done officiating collegiate games.

• Fire 1

No reason to give Wisconsin any credit for stopping the offense, it was all on Langs.

You internet offensive coordinators kill me and there are plenty of them on here.

You know you don't have to be a coordinator of any kind to realize when a particular play isn't working, and then maybe try something different. You may not have noticed, but our yardage between the tackles wasn't exactly stellar. And it wasn't from lack of attempts.

Sigh...I guess every offensive coordinator/play caller that has played Wisconsin should be fired considering they are top 5 in every defensive category after playing FIVE top ten teams so far this season. That defense is probably the best in the country with the possible exception of Alabama.

I'm sure there are some calls he would like back, but all of you internet geniuses that think you know more than our coaches absolutely make me weep for the ignorance of society.

When we had Newby getting 5+/carry and Wisky was stacking 8-9 in the box...and we can't take advantage of that with the talent we have? That's a piss poor job on any OC. Sorry you can't see that.

It would be a different thing if Langsdorf actually called sweeps/toss/boundary plays, used misdirection, and had Tommy roll out on designed plays (and not Tommy scrambling for dear life) and the game was lost. Or hell, we run zone read option--why not install one or two rollout option pass plays for situations where you have the defense selling out in the middle?

• Fire 3