Trump's America

zoogs

How is it irrelevant?

How are boner pills more legitimate than whatever medical issues a trans person serving in the military incurs?

I think what St Paul meant was "You can still assault someone, even if you don't have a hard on." Which I think we all understand. I was just making a snarky comment about "Hey, maybe if we weren't spending $80 million on ED, there'd conversely be less sexual assault"

However, if one wants to get into what medical treatments should and shouldn't be covered, I think that'd be a very interesting conversation.

I think we are looking at this transgender thing the wrong way. Think of all the victims this rule will help: All of the intolerant bigots and gay-bashers who will now be able to have a workplace that is free of harassment from being forced to be around tranny f@gs that all want to r$pe you in the @ss. Really this is a "freedom of religion" issue for those bigots. Yes, I can see how this is a tough issue. I can see both sides.

/s

• Fire 1

If you're able to serve the country via employment in the military, you should also be provided through this the healthcare that you need. Different people have different needs. Simple as that.

If you know a transgender person, you'd also know that it's not unnecessary to them. This isn't some frivolous cosmetic surgery. It is no less necessary for them that they get this care, than it is necessary for you and me to not get gender reassignment care. If that makes sense.

But I do get where you're coming from. It's why I think trans people have it especially hard navigating through life and through society. They're so few in number and their experiences so poorly understand by the public -- including by me. I've only ever spoken with or read of/from a few. The ones who can do it in the military, wow. Here's one story; and hey, maybe this is a good opportunity for others like it to get passed around: https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/the-first-out-transgender-active-duty-us-army-officer-my-sto?utm_term=.wf5anVBWd#.ar0Mbkvpj

• Fire 1

^^ Couldn't disagree more.

I think transgender citizens have every right too be in the military, but how is it the government's responsibility too cover the cost of a procedure that, relative to your physical health, is unnecessary?

relative to your physical health? maybe the government should stop spending $60,000,000 a year on ed drugs as they dont improve any physical health (maybe mental health is improved?) but woudn't mental health for transgenders be the same then?

• Fire 1