Trump's America

zoogs

JJ, I appreciate your opinion, but I think you're hefting up a rather large one of these bad boys:

StrawMan2.jpg

I know you're probably just being hyperbolic, but it's not as if none of us actually understand how someone could support Trump or literally think he's the devil. A lot of people just think he's got piss-poor character, and I'd say that those beliefs are warranted by everything he himself has said or done.

But, for instance, I definitely get the different reasons someone could support him. I just think they will most likely wind up being disappointed counting on him to deliver on those promises - I think he's a complete huckster. But people who put their faith in Trump were likely never going to vote for HRC anyway, so he was the best (only) option they were going to get.

Trump supporter and "give him a chancers" are also definitely in a minority. If there's some way y'all could get a private thread or sub-forum similar to the Shed where only someone the mod deems to be loyal to the cause, as it were, maybe that's an idea? Honestly I have no idea. Board decisions such as these are way above my pay grade. :lol:

JJ, I appreciate your opinion, but I think you're hefting up a rather large one of these bad boys:

StrawMan2.jpg

I know you're probably just being hyperbolic, but it's not as if none of us actually understand how someone could support Trump or literally think he's the devil. A lot of people just think he's got piss-poor character, and I'd say that those beliefs are warranted by everything he himself has said or done.

But, for instance, I definitely get the different reasons someone could support him. I just think they will most likely wind up being disappointed counting on him to deliver on those promises - I think he's a complete huckster. But people who put their faith in Trump were likely never going to vote for HRC anyway, so he was the best (only) option they were going to get.

Trump supporter and "give him a chancers" are also definitely in a minority. If there's some way y'all could get a private thread or sub-forum similar to the Shed where only someone the mod deems to be loyal to the cause, as it were, maybe that's an idea? Honestly I have no idea. Board decisions such as these are way above my pay grade. :lol:

I'm really lost. What strawman did I heft up? I didn't request a private forum. I agree that Trump has piss poor character but I will stand by my statement that many hereabouts have not and do not acknowledge the appeal he did have to enough voters to get elected. The more typical response is to somehow cast those who did vote for him as being racist or a woman hater or an idiot or any of the other similar poor attributes of Trump himself. You and I may not have voted for him for those reasons but it does not mean his supporters like those things about him. They just deemed him slightly better than the alternative....a position that will get you castigated around here.

You went to the trouble of posting that awesome (I do like it btw) strawman pic. Please explain how that applies to what I've said here cuz I'm not getting it.

Conservatives want a safe space. Thats too funny. Evidently pointed discussion is too much for the special little snowflakes.

And there it is again. That didn't take long did it Gmonkey? I don't expect you to agree with me and I understand I won't change your opinion. Your goal isn't really pointed discussion as much as the apparent joy you get at throwing crap at someone for stating an opinion and thought that is the opposite of what you believe. Some posters here understand the idea of discussion and don't feel the need for personal attacks but too many open their reply with a put down. No need to go low road is there?

• Fire 1

StrawMan2.jpg

I'm really lost. What strawman did I heft up? I didn't request a private forum. I agree that Trump has piss poor character but I will stand by my statement that many hereabouts have not and do not acknowledge the appeal he did have to enough voters to get elected. The more typical response is to somehow cast those who did vote for him as being racist or a woman hater or an idiot or any of the other similar poor attributes of Trump himself. You and I may not have voted for him for those reasons but it does not mean his supporters like those things about him. They just deemed him slightly better than the alternative....a position that will get you castigated around here.

You went to the trouble of posting that awesome (I do like it btw) strawman pic. Please explain how that applies to what I've said here cuz I'm not getting it.

I don't see that happening much. I see people arguing with his defenders and their reasons for defending him. I think many have stated that they somewhat understand voting for him but not defending or excusig his actions.

• Fire 1

Is there a reason you can't/don't want to start a conservative section Tony?

Mostly because I don't know how it can be done and don't have time to moderate it. My druthers would create it as a closed room with only conservative members. If not it would be sniped by the group of moderates and would be the same thing we have here.
This right here is a big reason why I ended up I this board. I was on one that was nothing but conservative. We would all sit around in a circle jerk talking about issues and people would post articles from whatever conservative propaganda sits they wanted and nothing was challenged. Nobody was saying....wait, that isn't true. Nobody was challenging anyone's attitudes or facts they were bringing to the discussion.

I finally realized I wanted/needed my views of the world to be challenged and if I can't back my views up then I need to rethink my own views.

More people need to be doing this.

A conservative or liberal safe space would be a horrible place.

• Fire 3

I wish there was a section of this board devoted to conservative ideas and thoughts.

This is called a safe space, which is quite often something used to mock progressive liberal types for wanting.

Or it is sometimes also called an echo chamber. Never a good thing unless you're in a choir ensemble and want some cool reverb.

Anyways, JJ's points about Count would probably be mostly accurate if Count was on the defensive, but he wasn't. He turned into an aggressive troll, and it happened before Trump. I've said it, knapp's said it too - that's not the Count we know, and it's confusing and frustrating that he's wherever he is right now.

StrawMan2.jpg

I was a bit tired when I posted that. Perhaps strawman does not effectively capture what I was trying to say about your argument, so my apologies.

My point was just that I think most everyone here understands why and how one could vote Trump, and I'm pretty liberal compared to most on the board.

I do hedge closer to thinking Trump is literally the devil... metaphorically, of course. I don't think the guy gives a damn about anybody but himself and his power and net worth and attention. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear his tenure will prove me right.

Perhaps his administration will improve life for small business owners, and that would be anice objectively good thing. But I fear it will be at the expension of the working man, of whom a large portion are counting on him to deliver. His Secretary of Labor, the Hardee's guy, is a noted fan of automation and has been documented saying things like "the Nanny State" is responsible for hindering business by forcing mandatory worker breaks on businesses.

That's the guy tasked with brokering a fair deal for workers? That can't end well, can it?

But I digress. Part of it was just me venting. I'm going to try to be as positive as I can, but I'm almost entirely cynical regarding this new administration thus far.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to be more positive about the situation and shift from some of the cynicism. In that vein, that strawman pic IS awesome! Free source too - feel free to bookmark it for later use! :lol:

• Fire 1

There have only been about 3 posters actively supportive of Trump on this board. Count was one of them. The language and demeanor in which he has been posting the last few months provided the opportunity some had been waiting for to get things rebalanced to 98-2 instead of the unacceptable 97-3 odds. Plus he did use that one word that shall not be mentioned. Voldemort has nothing on that one.

Not saying I agree at all but that is how it appears to me. Tread lightly if you want to speak out against the left.

Sorry JJ. I like your posts...but this one is BS.

I've thought about this some more. You guys were right to call BS on it. I apologize for being a douche.

• Fire 7

Kudos JJ. Most people aren't man (or woman) enough to ever back down and say they were wrong on anything, particularly politics. Good on you.

Trump's DC Hotel Tagged with $5M in Unpaid Worker Leins

I can't believe there are chumps out there still happily crowing "Under budget and ahead of schedule." The way this scumbag stays under budget is pretty obvious.

• Fire 1