***Official Maryland Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

We are running a very balanced game plan. 31 runs 28 passes. That's what this staff is a about, very balanced offense.

Doing that today against a bad Maryland run defense. Next year and beyond, it will be more pass heavy.

Also, how many of the Fyfe runs/sacks were called pass plays.

Where is the evidence? They ran a balanced offense at Oregon State. Mike Riley wants to run the ball and knows it is essential to winning.
Langsdorf is the OC. He likes to pass the ball and doesn't stay comitted to the run.
you are basing this on opinion though. What evidence do your have that this is true because I can look at the numbers and see that he has ran about 55% of the time this season as well as in the past most seasons
I'm basing it on all the WRs that are being recruited and the type of QBs being recruited.

Langsdorf has gone more run heavy the past 2 years because he had no confidence in Armstrong, and Tommy was able to do a lot of things running the ball.

Basically, the QB run game will be replaced with 4-wide, short passing game and then hit a deep pass from time to time.

We're recruiting a lot of WR's because we're losing a lot of WR depth after this season. If we were planning on going with a 4 WR offense then Derrion Grimm would still be on the team. I too think Langsdorf can get too pass happy at times, but it's not like he's going to go full Air-Raid

I'd rather he go full air raid than "50/50 balance."

Unless you have top 10 talent, 50/50 is a recipe for mediocrity.

Even Alabama (Kiffin) is being dragged kicking and screaming to a mobile QB offenses because the "pro style" rarely pilots an elite college offense.

We are running a very balanced game plan. 31 runs 28 passes. That's what this staff is a about, very balanced offense.

Doing that today against a bad Maryland run defense. Next year and beyond, it will be more pass heavy.

Where is the evidence? They ran a balanced offense at Oregon State. Mike Riley wants to run the ball and knows it is essential to winning.
Langsdorf is the OC. He likes to pass the ball and doesn't stay comitted to the run.
you are basing this on opinion though. What evidence do your have that this is true because I can look at the numbers and see that he has ran about 55% of the time this season as well as in the past most seasons
I'm basing it on all the WRs that are being recruited and the type of QBs being recruited.

Langsdorf has gone more run heavy the past 2 years because he had no confidence in Armstrong, and Tommy was able to do a lot of things running the ball.

Basically, the QB run game will be replaced with 4-wide, short passing game and then hit a deep pass from time to time.

We're recruiting a lot of WR's because we're losing a lot of WR depth after this season. If we were planning on going with a 4 WR offense then Derrion Grimm would still be on the team. I too think Langsdorf can get too pass happy at times, but it's not like he's going to go full Air-Raid

Even Alabama (Kiffin) is being dragged kicking and screaming to a mobile QB offenses because the "pro style" rarely pilots an elite college offense.

I agree that I would rather have a dual threat QB back there. Of course anytime a dual threat QB is mentioned here, the assumption is that the QB won't be able to pass. There are plenty of QBs out there who can do both.

Even Alabama (Kiffin) is being dragged kicking and screaming to a mobile QB offenses because the "pro style" rarely pilots an elite college offense.[/quote

Yep, balance sucks. Pretty much says you aren't good at either.

Maryland is honeslty a horrible team lol. We lack top tier talent and don't have the drive to put them away

There is no reason we shouldn't be up 40-0 except for drive and play calling. All of which is the job of the coaches. Maybe we'll see what they do with "their players" next year but bad judgment in a coach doesn't go away when players graduate.
and bad judgment has us on track to have one of our best seasons in 15 years. What's the deal should we just fire everyone now and try to get Tom Herman? Well we could try to do that but now we just look like LSU or Texas, what makes him pick us? These are our coaches and despite complaints they have led this team to a very good season. We haven't won em pretty, we did have a very rough loss, but we have won every game we have been favored in and that is progress for our program. Many do not but I appreciate the job the coaches have done this year and I am excited to give them time to build this team their way and see what they can do with it.
You keep spouting this "best season in 15 years," but it is so far literally no better than 2010 or 2012. We are on the outside looking in for the CCG, with the ugliest loss we have had in decades.

I hope we succeed but I'm being realistic here. Our two weakest links are OC and ST.

We have different opinions but we will really have to wait until the end of the season to judge how good of a season it is and how good a job the staff has done

Even Alabama (Kiffin) is being dragged kicking and screaming to a mobile QB offenses because the "pro style" rarely pilots an elite college offense.[/quote

Yep, balance sucks. Pretty much says you aren't good at either.

dumbest f'ing post ever on huskerboard

Maryland is honeslty a horrible team lol. We lack top tier talent and don't have the drive to put them away

There is no reason we shouldn't be up 40-0 except for drive and play calling. All of which is the job of the coaches. Maybe we'll see what they do with "their players" next year but bad judgment in a coach doesn't go away when players graduate.
and bad judgment has us on track to have one of our best seasons in 15 years. What's the deal should we just fire everyone now and try to get Tom Herman? Well we could try to do that but now we just look like LSU or Texas, what makes him pick us? These are our coaches and despite complaints they have led this team to a very good season. We haven't won em pretty, we did have a very rough loss, but we have won every game we have been favored in and that is progress for our program. Many do not but I appreciate the job the coaches have done this year and I am excited to give them time to build this team their way and see what they can do with it.

You keep spouting this "best season in 15 years," but it is so far literally no better than 2010 or 2012. We are on the outside looking in for the CCG, with the ugliest loss we have had in decades.

I hope we succeed but I'm being realistic here. Our two weakest links are OC and ST.

and you keep spouting garbage about how "drive" is a coach issue and everything else the staff does is terrible. the 15 year deal is a judgement call and i'm sure there are fair arguments for both side, however it is clearly in the running. It is also a judgement call if our loss to a top 5 team this year was the worst in decades, however most should agree that losing 70-10 to an average Texas Tech team was much worse - last I checked that was well within "decades".

If you consider yourself being realistic, then it looks like everyone else fits that bill. OC has done a solid job this year, can't say the same for ST.