***Official Iowa Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

I'm willing to give Banker another year. The defense has made drastic improvements since last year.

Langsdorf's offense hasn't impressed me these 2 seasons. I wouldn't shed a tear if Riley made a change here...he won't do it, but one can dream.

Frankly, I would rather see Banker gone. His defense improved against lesser competition, but hasn't shown improvement against the better teams.

I'm willing to give Banker another year. The defense has made drastic improvements since last year.

Langsdorf's offense hasn't impressed me these 2 seasons. I wouldn't shed a tear if Riley made a change here...he won't do it, but one can dream.

It has and then it has gone backwards the last few games with the extremely poor tackling. They played very well against Wiscy and terrible against Ohio St. They them played decent against Maryland but not great and now we are watching Iowa and one of the worst offenses in the nation gash us.

I'm willing to wait 2 more years... to see if we get a QB that can play in the system langs wants and an OL that is argued to be better. If we're in this same mess with "Lang's guys" count me out.

I would hope we make improvements from probably the second-worst defense in program history.

Going from terrible to average isn't much to write home about.

To be fair to Banker, he didn't have total buy-in from all of his defensive players last year.

I do believe he's had that this season.

Voice of reason here.

TOMMY ARMSTRONG IS A WARRIOR. He has given EVERYTHING he has to the team and shouldn't be bashed like he is here. He is the best option for us RIGHT NOW!

I love Tommy. He is the toughest man alive. He is a great zone-read QB. It's not his fault that he is being coached by morons. All he can do is go out and try to execute the game plan he is given. If he is not doing what the coaches want, then perhaps his offensive coordinator and QB coach (cough, cough Langs), could coach him to do the right thing. Or come up with a game plan that plays to his strengths.

He can't run and he can't throw and, somehow, that's the coaches' fault? Flawed logic that.

I don't like to call out players. They go in the game and do their best. But, let's just for a moment say you're correct. Let's say that Tommy can't throw and can't run. Then answer me this...why the hell is he in the game? If you can't see how this is the coaches fault, then it is you who lacks the ability to understand logic.

I just don't understand why they keep going for the Home Run ball. The short passes seem to be working. take it out in chunks.

Because these coaches don't operate on common sense. They are opposed to using common sense.

In all truthiness, though, many of these players just aren't that good.

Recruiting rankings say otherwise.

I would hope we make improvements from probably the second-worst defense in program history.

Going from terrible to average isn't much to write home about.

It's funny how a garbage year makes "mediocre" look like improvement.

• Fire 1

Voice of reason here.

TOMMY ARMSTRONG IS A WARRIOR. He has given EVERYTHING he has to the team and shouldn't be bashed like he is here. He is the best option for us RIGHT NOW!

I love Tommy. He is the toughest man alive. He is a great zone-read QB. It's not his fault that he is being coached by morons. All he can do is go out and try to execute the game plan he is given. If he is not doing what the coaches want, then perhaps his offensive coordinator and QB coach (cough, cough Langs), could coach him to do the right thing. Or come up with a game plan that plays to his strengths.

He can't run and he can't throw and, somehow, that's the coaches' fault? Flawed logic that.

I don't like to call out players. They go in the game and do their best. So, let's just for a moment say you're correct. Let's say that Tommy can't throw and can't run. Then answer me this...why the hell is he in the game? If you can't see how this is the coaches fault, then it is you who lacks the ability to understand logic.

This. I agree, except the supply of real quarterbacks at NU was curiously zilch after Pelini was fired. He apparently forgot to recruit any. At any rate, I'd certainly love to see Barney start the second half--Armstrong is incompetent, he's the worst best qb the NCAA has ever seen.

I just don't understand why they keep going for the Home Run ball. The short passes seem to be working. take it out in chunks.

Because these coaches don't operate on common sense. They are opposed to using common sense.

In all truthiness, though, many of these players just aren't that good.

Well on a 3rd down screen pass, were you could get the ball back for a score before half, you have to want to tackle someone. Knock their head off or at least grab a shoestring.

We need more players elevating themselves and being hated by others for calling them out.