Lamar Jackson (Louisville)

Atbone95

I've seen Jackson talking about his coaches many times. He might've been better than Armstrong but I don't get the sense our former coaches would have developed him into what he is this season.

Considering that he would have had little to no time under that staff, you may be right.

But it's not like Riley and Langsdorf have done much with Tommy or Ryker. That should be a huge concern going forward.

It's not a concern. They didn't choose either of those quarterbacks. If they can't develop POB or Gebbia after a couple years that will be a concern.
So certain coaches can only develop players that they themselves recruited? That's a new one to me.

If true, we should be even more concerned. It doesnt seem that they did much with O'Brien, either. Yikes.

Have you seen practices?

Yes. Why do you ask?

If you had to pick between Petrino and Bo to develop a QB in a couple years, I think we know who would be a safer pick.

Has the "quarterback whisperer" done much for our situation in his couple of years?
Ask me next year

Ah yes....wait till next year.....

There is already a built in excuse for it anyhow.....

If you had to pick between Petrino and Bo to develop a QB in a couple years, I think we know who would be a safer pick.

Has the "quarterback whisperer" done much for our situation in his couple of years?
Ask me next year

Hard to turn a QB into something they aren't capable of being. I'm interested in seeing how they can mold a QB they wanted instead of adjusting their coaching to make a QB successful.

But by all means keep being snarky.

Ask me next year

Come on...Tommy Armstrong was basically a finished product by the time Riley and Langsdorf got here.

Listen, I like Tommy, he's a good young man, he owns about every Nebraska QB record there is and all that...

But, as a QB, Tommy's game fits a west coast passing offense about as well as a fat John Goodman does a size 30 waist jeans.

The true test is what we see out of our QBs next year. That'll be basically 3 years in this system with 3 QBs who were recruited specifically for this system.

If our QBs are crap next year (or still the equivalent of Tommy), then it'll be Langsdorf's fault.

Come on...Tommy Armstrong was basically a finished product by the time Riley and Langsdorf got here.

What are we paying Langsdorf hundreds of thousands of dollars for if he can't coach up the guys we have? Seems like a waste of money to me.

Contrary to the beliefs of some, good coaches can and do coach up players regardless of whether the player is a prefect fit, or if the player was recruited by said coach, especially when they have had 2 full years to work together.

But, as a QB, Tommy's game fits a west coast passing offense about as well as a fat John Goodman does a size 30 waist jeans.

West coast offense....that doesn't bode well for our future.

What are we paying Langsdorf hundreds of thousands of dollars for if he can't coach up the guys we have? Seems like a waste of money to me.

Contrary to the beliefs of some, good coaches can and do coach up players regardless of whether the player is a prefect fit, or if the player was recruited by said coach, especially when they have had 2 full years to work together.

West coast offense....that doesn't bode well for our future.

I was so worried when cm got banned that nobody would step up to replace him.

• Fire 1