Banker is Fired!!

I'd go with Bray, personally. If we don't we're going to lose him sometime soon. He's a guy with a bright future ahead of him, and that's an opening we want to avoid. This could keep him at NU for quite some time. Then bring in someone who can devote more time to recruiting to help out and fill the open spot as a positions coach, as well as (again) raise the staff's recruiting ability.

I like him, but it's a huge risk since we have no idea how he'll do and like others have said are we possibly hiring the next head coach of NU? I don't know how to answer that and what to think.

I'd go with Bray, personally. If we don't we're going to lose him sometime soon. He's a guy with a bright future ahead of him, and that's an opening we want to avoid. This could keep him at NU for quite some time. Then bring in someone who can devote more time to recruiting to help out and fill the open spot as a positions coach, as well as (again) raise the staff's recruiting ability.

He's getting another nice little raise this offseason.

Played under and coached with/under Banker.

No thanks

Yeah, but what I was thinking is if a DC comes in and stays 3, 4 years, maybe Bray gets a promotion somewhere else before then. I mean, if it's the right guy at DC I think that's acceptable. But maybe Bray is that guy already. Either seems like a plausible way to go to me.

I guess it's sounding like veteran DC, though.

Yeah, but what I was thinking is if a DC comes in and stays 3, 4 years, maybe Bray gets a promotion somewhere else before then. I mean, if it's the right guy at DC I think that's acceptable. But maybe Bray is that guy already. Either seems like a plausible way to go to me.

I guess it's sounding like veteran DC, though.

My only problem with Bray is that he has spent most of his coaching career under Banker. He would have to have a vision to change the defensive approach and articulate that to Riley to be considered in my opinion.