Banker is Fired!!

I'd go with Bray, personally. If we don't we're going to lose him sometime soon. He's a guy with a bright future ahead of him, and that's an opening we want to avoid. This could keep him at NU for quite some time. Then bring in someone who can devote more time to recruiting to help out and fill the open spot as a positions coach, as well as (again) raise the staff's recruiting ability.

I like Bray, but prefer someone with more experience.

What has he really accomplished?

Dream Hire would be Don Brown, Michigan's D Coordinator that was at BC for a ton of years. Nasty, nasty defense. I love me some Bob Shoop or Geoff Collins too.

Not shocking hire would be someone like Clancy Pendergast who has been a mixed NFL and college D Coordinator that is currently at USC.

I've seen Tosh Lupoi mentioned who would be a fireball recruiter. Alot depends on if Justin Wilcox gets the Cal job. Wilcox probably takes Lupoi with him which means NU might be able to snag Peter Sirmon who has been with Wilcox for a quite a while as a LB coach @ USC, UW and Tennessee.

I thought of Geoff Collins too but I think he just became the Temple HC.

Ahh, you are correct sir. Bummer.

I'd go with Bray, personally. If we don't we're going to lose him sometime soon. He's a guy with a bright future ahead of him, and that's an opening we want to avoid. This could keep him at NU for quite some time. Then bring in someone who can devote more time to recruiting to help out and fill the open spot as a positions coach, as well as (again) raise the staff's recruiting ability.

I like Bray, but prefer someone with more experience.

What has he really accomplished?

He's young and cute

• Fire 1

I don't think Bray is a bad hire as DC. He's a good recruiter, put him with two more good recruiters to replace Banker and Stewart plus Williams/Parrella and we could have something on D. Risky but without talent every DC we hire is going to fall short of where we want them to be. I assume other schools have started to kick the tires on Bray as a DC as well.

I think Riley will go outside personally.

Two other names: Kevin Sherrer (was a DC at South Alabama and did well there and is primed to become a DC again at a Power 5 school) and Mel Tucker (current DC at Georgia who was #12 in total defense this past season). Both are in the the top 12 in recruiter rankings as well.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeCoachRankings

Not bad choices and also maybe could get DE recruit Beal to follow one of them here. Sherrer is LB coach at Georgia and Beals lead recruiter.