Banker is Fired!!

Geez, lots of "we should get this guy". Ya, it's a message board but geez, so glad we are not selecting a DC ... we are all over the board. No offense ... but some of this is almost humorous. Don't get me wrong ... it was a fun read.

I have no clue where the mind of Riley is on this ... but I will wait and see this narrowed down to 5-6 folks before I formulate some thoughts. Some of you guys form such "rock solid" beliefs so quickly. It's quite humorous.

How dare speculation run wild on a message board.

• Fire 3

If we are going to make a "splash hire", the only way it's going to happen is 1. Pay the man a lot of money and 2. name him DC/Co-HC. The lure of being the HC in waiting might be the only thing that makes a big name truly interested in coming here when they are getting paid comparable money elsewhere

You can no longer, publicly, name or designate an assistant as "head coach in waiting".

If we are going to make a "splash hire", the only way it's going to happen is 1. Pay the man a lot of money and 2. name him DC/Co-HC. The lure of being the HC in waiting might be the only thing that makes a big name truly interested in coming here when they are getting paid comparable money elsewhere

You can no longer, publicly, name or designate an assistant as "head coach in waiting".

I was unaware of this? When did that change?

Anyone have the time to look up what Langs is making? Would be interesting to see how he ranks in pay compared to others in conference, nation, playoff, etc.

Gotta believe the checkbook will be opened here...if not, the writing is on the wall for MR and others.

Quick google search says he was hired at $500K/year. Probably a modest bump for his current contract. Most likely less than $600K right now.

Anyone have the time to look up what Langs is making? Would be interesting to see how he ranks in pay compared to others in conference, nation, playoff, etc.

Gotta believe the checkbook will be opened here...if not, the writing is on the wall for MR and others.

Quick google search says he was hired at $500K/year. Probably a modest bump for his current contract. Most likely less than $600K right now.

$527,875

• Fire 1

I was unaware of this? When did that change?

IIRC, it was 5 or 6 years ago. Personally, I agree with the rule - naming a HCIW seems to undermine who's "in charge".

• Fire 1

Blank check for Venables at Clemson?

Midwest guy. From Salina. Played at KSU.

Make him head coach in waiting as well?? Oh, but that would leave Scott Frost out of the picture. (had to get a SF reference in this defensive discussion since he is always mentioned in discussions on coaches)