Banker is Fired!!

Is someone keeping a tally of all the names mentioned for the new DC? Some of the names being mentioned are hysterical.

Sooooo many hard ons for former Huskers who have no/little actual coaching experience. Seems nuts since we've spent 2-3 years hearing these same people complain about how important experience and success are.

We have to figure out which Defensive coach...

Is willing to take a coaching job with a head coach who is himself on the hot seat.

Whoever takes the job might be here only one year.

Who would be interested in a job like that ?

Certainly not someone who sees doom and gloom in the scenario.

It's an excellent opportunity for an eager and talented coach to bring a stellar program back to it's hey day. I think people will be clamoring for the job.

Especially if NU is willing to pay in the $1M range. A lot of coaches would love to have a 2-year, $1M a year contract (NU could even go to 3 years for a top guy).

Maybe so.

Oregon... hired a new Defensive Coordinator last year. Oregon's new defensive coordinator didn't "bring a stellar program back to it's hey day"... so he was only there one year before being fired along with the rest of the staff.

Let the "clamoring" begin !

If they're a former player either from here or the NFL with zero coaching experience that's a a huge NO! Just because someone played here or played in the NFL doesn't mean they know a damn thing about coaching. It needs to be someone with experience in a P5 program as a DC.

I still can't believe some folks are mentioning Bo Pelini in threads. There is ZERO way that guy is ever stepping foot on the field as a Nebraska coach for us ever again.

If they're a former player either from here or the NFL with zero coaching experience that's a a huge NO! Just because someone played here or played in the NFL doesn't mean they know a damn thing about coaching. It needs to be someone with experience in a P5 program as a DC.

I still can't believe some folks are mentioning Bo Pelini in threads. There is ZERO way that guy is ever stepping foot on the field as a Nebraska coach for us ever again.

I wouldn't say he needs P5 DC experience. I would be fine with someone who maybe was in a successful P5 program as a position coach and now is tearing it up at a smaller program as DC.

Initially I wonder how much was post Pelini protest and how much was Banker rubbing the players the wrong way like coarse sand paper. I believe along with others that the four DLine that left early tanked that season. Yet McMullen who was a high Character guy said "F--- that guy" in regards to Banker. Plus Banker and Gerry supposedly clashed. Time to bring in someone to restore the player/coach chemistry.