Banker is Fired!!

If they're a former player either from here or the NFL with zero coaching experience that's a a huge NO! Just because someone played here or played in the NFL doesn't mean they know a damn thing about coaching. It needs to be someone with experience in a P5 program as a DC.

I still can't believe some folks are mentioning Bo Pelini in threads. There is ZERO way that guy is ever stepping foot on the field as a Nebraska coach for us ever again.

I wouldn't say he needs P5 DC experience. I would be fine with someone who maybe was in a successful P5 program as a position coach and now is tearing it up at a smaller program as DC.

Good point, I think in hindsight that may be what I meant, but I put P5 in there. I'd take that as well...........

If they're a former player either from here or the NFL with zero coaching experience that's a a huge NO! Just because someone played here or played in the NFL doesn't mean they know a damn thing about coaching. It needs to be someone with experience in a P5 program as a DC.

I still can't believe some folks are mentioning Bo Pelini in threads. There is ZERO way that guy is ever stepping foot on the field as a Nebraska coach for us ever again.

I wouldn't say he needs P5 DC experience. I would be fine with someone who maybe was in a successful P5 program as a position coach and now is tearing it up at a smaller program as DC.

I agree. Appl. State has ranked in the top 11 in total defense for the past couple years and did something we could do this past year...give up only 13 points to Tennessee in 4 quarters. I'm not sure how their DC would be at recruiting but he has a lot of experience as a DC

Initially I wonder how much was post Pelini protest and how much was Banker rubbing the players the wrong way like coarse sand paper. I believe along with others that the four DLine that left early tanked that season. Yet McMullen who was a high Character guy said "F--- that guy" in regards to Banker. Plus Banker and Gerry supposedly clashed. Time to bring in someone to restore the player/coach chemistry.

https://twitter.com/rkaipustowh/status/819350551158788096

• Fire 1

Nebraska won't open up the checkbook and pay the new DC 1 million plus so let's just stop that. We have never done that and never will. It will be a DC from a smaller school with a good track record or a NFL assistant. This is a little piece of reality for you dreamers out there.

I'm not sold on Riley except for the fact he's a nice guy however he is proving that he may indeed have a set of brass balls.

• Fire 1

Nebraska won't open up the checkbook and pay the new DC 1 million plus so let's just stop that. We have never done that and never will. It will be a DC from a smaller school with a good track record or a NFL assistant. This is a little piece of reality for you dreamers out there.

I'm not sold on Riley except for the fact he's a nice guy however he is proving that he may indeed have a set of brass balls.

Well, we just hired a position coach and are paying him $400,000.

So, I expect we are willing to pay a good DC a lot more than the $580,000 banker was making. Maybe not 1M. But, I wouldn't be surprised at $800,000 - 900,000.

We gave Tim Beck his first big boy offensive coordinator job and got his pay up close to a million - why would we not pay that much for someone established with high pedigree?

• Fire 2

Geez, lots of "we should get this guy". Ya, it's a message board but geez, so glad we are not selecting a DC ... we are all over the board. No offense ... but some of this is almost humorous. Don't get me wrong ... it was a fun read.

I have no clue where the mind of Riley is on this ... but I will wait and see this narrowed down to 5-6 folks before I formulate some thoughts. Some of you guys form such "rock solid" beliefs so quickly. It's quite humorous.

How dare speculation run wild on a message board.

As I stated. Secondly, how dare Husker "guru's" show how stupid and truly uninformed they really are. :-)