The Republican Utopia

57 minutes ago, nic said:

Now this is the Bill Maher of old! 

“Real Time" host Bill Maher compared newly-elected House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., to the Maine mass shooter responsible for murdering 18 people and injuring 13 others. 

"When you're this much of a religious fanatic, there is no room for real democracy. That's not what you believe in. He said it today. 'Look in the Bible. That's my world view,'" Maher said during the panel discussion. "And I was reading about this horrible shooting in Maine. And, you know, we don't know much about the guy yet, but apparently he heard voices and I thought ‘Is he that different than Mike Johnson?’"

Yeah, some of the conservatives who've rallied around Maher for being anti-woke forget he is first and foremost a crusading atheist.

• Plus1 2

10 hours ago, commando said:

i am old enough to remember when this was political suicide.   now MAGA  cheers

He's green lighting Russia's expansionist intentions into the Baltic states, Poland, etc.  No wonder Putin wants him back in office.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

12 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Russian bots approve of Massie's "poll"

All stupid polls aside.

If Americans actually had to choose between Ukraine and Israel, to me it's a no brainer to support Ukraine.

Israel is already heavily funded by USA and is really fighting a group of terrorists, albeit backed by some more "powerful" nations.

Meanwhile, Ukraine is under attack by what is supposed to be one of the strongest militaries on the planet...

• TBH 1
20 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Russian bots approve of Massie's "poll"

Technically he should vote how his constituents in KY feel he should vote...but we know that doesn't happen very often.

An open poll on Twitter  is laughable ... is a Magic 8 ball next?...Ouija Board?

14 minutes ago, funhusker said:

All stupid polls aside.

If Americans actually had to choose between Ukraine and Israel, to me it's a no brainer to support Ukraine.

Israel is already heavily funded by USA and is really fighting a group of terrorists, albeit backed by some more "powerful" nations.

Meanwhile, Ukraine is under attack by what is supposed to be one of the strongest militaries on the planet...

The problem is, the two issues are tied together.  Putin is pissed off that Ukraine is kicking their asses with our help.  So....he actively opened up another war front by motivating Hamas to do what they did knowing we would jump in and throw all our support behind Israel....taking away resources from Ukraine.  

It sucks.  But...we need to keep supporting both. Republican politicians that claim we should support Israel and not Ukraine are just carrying Putin's luggage.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
15 hours ago, ZRod said:

To be fair there literally nothing in between. Might as well be the same city.

HEY!  I take offense to that! chuckleshuffle  I grew up in the ' in between'.  A lot of great farmland and small town football and basketball  in that 90 mile stretch between the 2 cities.

BTW- IMHO Sioux Falls has far out classed Sioux City since I moved from that area in 1978.  Most of my family (Dad, brothers and sisters) live in the SF area. 

• TBH 1