The Republican Utopia

52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting article. 

My own conspiracy theory is that this is why he has been working so hard to protect and support Trump. It’s possible that Trimp has told him that as long as you get me what I need from the intelligence committee, ICE will stay away from your family farm. 

Trump- loyalty above policy. I thought he wanted to kick out all of the immigrants? Well unless of course he can use them for leverage or probably anything else.

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The DOJ is suing California for passing a strict net neutrality law.

States’ rights herp derp.

More likely it’s a Supremacy Clause issue. Since the feds regulate the internet, state governments are going to be very limited or even completely unable to regulate it.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The claim is he used it because James Carville did.

For some reason my mind keeps going to my grandpa. He was born in 1914 and referred to Blacks as “colored people” or sometimes the N word. I used a different standard in my interactions with him because he was old and because of the era he grew up in. Whenever he did this I would just pretend he wasn’t talking. If he had been someone who hadn’t grown up in that era, I would have reacted much differently. This is why I judge these things somewhat differently now.

This isn’t the 90s anymore. People like Graham don’t belong in the Senate if they’re stuck there and think it’s ok to say the things he’s saying. I don’t know much about Carville but if he’s still an asshat he should be fired too. 

• Plus1 2

On 10/3/2018 at 12:34 PM, Moiraine said:

The claim is he used it because James Carville did.

For some reason my mind keeps going to my grandpa. He was born in 1914 and referred to Blacks as “colored people” or sometimes the N word. I used a different standard in my interactions with him because he was old and because of the era he grew up in. Whenever he did this I would just pretend he wasn’t talking. If he had been someone who hadn’t grown up in that era, I would have reacted much differently. This is why I judge these things somewhat differently now.

This isn’t the 90s anymore. People like Graham don’t belong in the Senate if they’re stuck there and think it’s ok to say the things he’s saying. I don’t know much about Carville but if he’s still an asshat he should be fired too. 

Uh...it’s not a “claim.” He was demonstrating to the audience how ridiculously and laughably ignorant about history they are. They had no idea that the Clintons and their operatives demeaned Bill’s accusers that way. It’s kind of hilarious how offended they got before they realized an adviser to one of their heroes said it about a woman he had sexually assaulted. 

These protestors are like the idiot mob from South Park. They don’t even know what they’re mad about.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Uh...it’s not a “claim.” He was demonstrating to the audience how ridiculously and laughably ignorant about history they are. They had no idea that the Clintons and their operatives demeaned Bill’s accusers that way. It’s kind of hilarious how offended they got before they realized an adviser to one of their heroes said it about a woman he had sexually assaulted. 

These protestors are like the idiot mob from South Park. They don’t even know what they’re mad about.

So you're admitting the GOP at this point is a bunch of useless trolls?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It’s the claim I read in an article about it. I’m pretty sure he used it because Carville did.

It doesn’t matter whether the audience was ignorant about it being used 20 years ago or not. Being a Democrat or non Republican now doesn’t mean you support or supported Clinton or any other Democrats in the 90s or would if they said the same thing today. I’m against what the Republican party has been doing the past 10-20 years but I have never liked Clinton. It’s not okay to say it regardless of the purpose.

I’m unsure about people getting offended then changing their minds. When did this happen?