The Republican Utopia

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I’m unclear how pointing out obvious and ridiculous hypocrisy is ceding the field. For a discussion board, there are surprisingly few people here who want to actually discuss anything. 

#DISAPPOINTING

Then prove you want to discuss Biden's quote. Provide the unbiased context and the climate in which he said that quote.

Anything else is spin, and for someone who claims to want to have a "discussion," you seem to be entirely focused on pushing for your team, the Republicans.

Stop being a Republican for once and just be an American and have a discussion.

• Plus1 2

"Every Republican's voted for it. Look at what they value and look at their

budget and what they're proposing. Romney wants to let the - he said in the first hundred days he's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules, 'unchain Wall Street.' They're going to put y'all back in chains."

- Joe Biden

That quote has nothing to do with money and is actually about a return to real literal slavery

- Ric Flair probably

• Plus1 1

Well I feel sheepish. I mixed up Feinstein with McCaskill this week. I'm glad it's not McCaskill who sat on the accusation. I still think she's taking way more crap than she should. If the accuser wanted to wait and see if Kavanaugh didn't get through the initial process, I understand why. It would have saved her from having to speak out.

Anyhow... I'm trying to decide who to donate to so I can offset my household donation to the NRA. So far I'm thinking O'Rourke, McCaskill, and Janz. I guess I could donate to Eastman but she's not polling very close to Bacon right now. Same with Raybould. I could also donate to Duckworth because I like her, or wait until I see who is running for president.

48 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Well I feel sheepish. I mixed up Feinstein with McCaskill this week. I'm glad it's not McCaskill who sat on the accusation. I still think she's taking way more crap than she should. If the accuser wanted to wait and see if Kavanaugh didn't get through the initial process, I understand why. It would have saved her from having to speak out.

Anyhow... I'm trying to decide who to donate to so I can offset my household donation to the NRA. So far I'm thinking O'Rourke, McCaskill, and Janz. I guess I could donate to Eastman but she's not polling very close to Bacon right now. Same with Raybould. I could also donate to Duckworth because I like her, or wait until I see who is running for president.

Good question. There's no shortage of choices this cycle.

I'd love for Janz to send Nunes packing but I've got a sinking feeling it's not in the cards. The CA GOP is a dumpster fire but they nominated a decent candidate that should get ~40% which might make some of those House pickups in the state difficult.

I'd personally say send to one of the red state Dems or Bill Nelson in Florida. Manchin is probably safe because the WV GOP candidate isn't strong at all but McCaskill, Heitkamp, Donnelly or Nelson could very much use your donation. Or Rosen in NV to try to defeat Dirty Dean Heller. That race is going to be very close. 

I'm partial to Nelson just because I really, really don't want to see Rick Scott in the Senate. He reminds me WAYYY too much of Ricketts. Dollar-store Lex Luthor-looking rich guys who've bought their political seats by drowning everyone else in money.

Plus this Nelson ad is kickass.

5 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Good question. There's no shortage of choices this cycle.

I'd love for Janz to send Nunes packing but I've got a sinking feeling it's not in the cards. The CA GOP is a dumpster fire but they nominated a decent candidate that should get ~40% which might make some of those House pickups in the state difficult.

I'd personally say send to one of the red state Dems or Bill Nelson in Florida. Manchin is probably safe because the WV GOP candidate isn't strong at all but McCaskill, Heitkamp, Donnelly or Nelson could very much use your donation. Or Rosen in NV to try to defeat Dirty Dean Heller. That race is going to be very close. 

I'm partial to Nelson just because I really, really don't want to see Rick Scott in the Senate. He reminds me WAYYY too much of Ricketts. Dollar-store Lex Luthor-looking rich guys who've bought their political seats by drowning everyone else in money.

Plus this Nelson ad is kickass.

Already donated to McCaskill, Heitkamp, and Donnelly so I'll add Nelson. I donated to Janz even though it'd take a miracle, but I got an e-mail saying it was recurring even though it wasn't, so I had to go and cancel that. I wonder if they do that on purpose. Also, I wanted to donate to Gillum but his site doesn't take Paypal, and I don't want to give the Russians my credit card #.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He just summed up the biggest problem with politics right now. In sports when your team commits a penalty, you find your way to believing it shouldn't have been called, sometimes even when it was blatant. Politics is a sport now and it shouldn't be. We should all be able to admit when someone is wrong, regardless of their party affiliation, and not feel like we're a loser because of it. Way too many people tie their own identities to a political party, which makes it hurt to admit when someone in that same party is wrong, and makes them refuse to admit it. There are rapists and murderers who vote for every political candidate regardless of affiliation. There are likely rapists and murderers who have won elections in every level of politics. People shouldn't tie their own identities to these parties so closely that they won't admit when someone is at fault.

• Plus1 6
On 9/25/2018 at 10:20 PM, knapplc said:

Then prove you want to discuss Biden's quote. Provide the unbiased context and the climate in which he said that quote.

Anything else is spin, and for someone who claims to want to have a "discussion," you seem to be entirely focused on pushing for your team, the Republicans.

Stop being a Republican for once and just be an American and have a discussion.

For all the Democrats’ constant talk of dog whistles, they sure hypocrites. You really think saying that to a mostly black audience didn’t convey something else? You’re kidding yourself.

On 9/27/2018 at 9:31 PM, Moiraine said:

He just summed up the biggest problem with politics right now. In sports when your team commits a penalty, you find your way to believing it shouldn't have been called, sometimes even when it was blatant. Politics is a sport now and it shouldn't be. We should all be able to admit when someone is wrong, regardless of their party affiliation, and not feel like we're a loser because of it. Way too many people tie their own identities to a political party, which makes it hurt to admit when someone in that same party is wrong, and makes them refuse to admit it. There are rapists and murderers who vote for every political candidate regardless of affiliation. There are likely rapists and murderers who have won elections in every level of politics. People shouldn't tie their own identities to these parties so closely that they won't admit when someone is at fault.

Very true. And it goes both ways. 

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting article. 

My own conspiracy theory is that this is why he has been working so hard to protect and support Trump. It’s possible that Trimp has told him that as long as you get me what I need from the intelligence committee, ICE will stay away from your family farm. 

I had to skim it but good stuff. I’ve long felt Trump must have something on him. 

It also backs up what I think about illegal immigration. I think illegal immigrants help the economy more than they hurt it, and spending a huge amount of $ to make an issue out of it is a giant waste of money.

• Plus1 1