The Republican Utopia

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not talking about just this incident.  Your comment claiming he is an attention whore implies everything he has done since his daughter was slaughtered was for no reason other than to get attention.

I believe no such thing and still support his efforts.

While I think it was inappropriate of him to approach the nominee in that setting (highly political setting - the nominee wouldn't have known his intentions)  I as a dad, understand his passion and wanting to make a wrong right in any way legally possible.

• Plus1 3

15 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I wasn't aware trying to shake someone's hand and engage them in conversation was considered aggression. In some cultures, I suppose?

Protestors were screaming and being drug out of the room. His children had to be removed for their own safety. He probably had no idea who this person was or why he's being approached. His reaction was perfectly normal under the circumstances.

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not talking about just this incident.  Your comment claiming he is an attention whore implies everything he has done since his daughter was slaughtered was for no reason other than to get attention.

I believe no such thing and still support his efforts.

So let's see a list of the things he's done. Then we can gauge his intentions.

"Everyone talked."

Of course they did. Trump doesn't engender loyalty in his employees. They're all one bad mood away from being fired, and he enjoys pitting them against each other. He creates exactly the kind of environment where people would be willing to talk to a good, honest guy like Bob Woodward.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So let's see a list of the things he's done. Then we can gauge his intentions.

The guy lost his F*ing child in a meaningless shooting that nobody in power seems to care about fixing.

If you can't figure out his intentions....then that speaks volumes about the entire Republican pro gun movement that chooses to demonize anyone who is affected by gun violence and chooses to speak out about it....no matter if it's this guy or kids from florida or anyone else.

It's a pretty bad look actually.

• Plus1 7
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The guy lost his F*ing child in a meaningless shooting that nobody in power seems to care about fixing.

If you can't figure out his intentions....then that speaks volumes about the entire Republican pro gun movement that chooses to demonize anyone who is affected by gun violence and chooses to speak out about it....no matter if it's this guy or kids from florida or anyone else.

It's a pretty bad look actually.

My theory is they get upset because it's uncomfortable for them that these family members of victims of gun violence remind them that their fervor for permissive gun laws is at least partially responsible for these deaths.  If that's not it, it should be, as massacring school children should elicit more of a response then a shrug by the electorate and hollow prayers from politicians publicly while they privately just stick their hands out for more money from the gun lobby.

You'd have to be really really dense to not understand exactly why parents of school shooting victims are on capitol hill.  They want these policymakers to publicly have to look them in the face to remind them that there are consequences to their votes.  That's the capital they have to lobby with, since they don't have the deep pockets and backrooms the NRA does. Which should be a thousand times more awkward, it just isn't in public view, and that is a shame.

• Plus1 7

6 minutes ago, methodical said:

My theory is they get upset because it's uncomfortable for them that these family members of victims of gun violence remind them that their fervor for permissive gun laws is at least partially responsible for these deaths.  If that's not it, it should be, as massacring school children should elicit more of a response then a shrug by the electorate and hollow prayers from politicians publicly while they privately just stick their hands out for more money from the gun lobby.

You'd have to be really really dense to not understand exactly why parents of school shooting victims are on capitol hill.  They want these policymakers to publicly have to look them in the face to remind them that there are consequences to their votes.  That's the capital they have to lobby with, since they don't have to deep pockets and backrooms the NRA does (which should be a thousand times more awkward), it just isn't in public view and that is a shame.

giphy.gif

On 9/4/2018 at 5:59 PM, Ric Flair said:

I feel bad for the guy's loss, but shamelessly attention whoring like that is downright pathetic.

Then you're obviously lying about feeling bad about his loss, or you'd understand he isn't "attention whoring"--he's trying to do right so other parents don't have to deal with what he went through. 

And the only thing that's pathetic in that whole exchange is attempting to defend Kavanaugh's cowardice and the blatant undermining of our Republic.