1995 Huskers Highlight Video

Mavric

I honestly have a hard time thinking of a 'modern' team that could beat them. No weaknesses. If you are too young did not have the privilege to see them play, you won't fully understand how good they were. Film only tells part of the experience. Go watch the full Fiesta Bowl championship game to get an understanding. # 2 Florida was a very good team in its own right and we demolished them. It was pro vs 8th graders.

At the 5:32 mark of the longer video is when Tommie almost got sacked and he completed it for a a long gain. He never got sacked the whole year and we demolished 4 teams that finished in the top 10. Only the 1971 Huskers are comparable - defeating 3 teams that finished 2,2,4 behind them (all from the Big 8)

Just reminds me of the many times members of those mid/late 90s teams used to talk quite frankly about how they looked forward to playing the games because they were so much 'easier' and less demanding than practices because the best, toughest, hardest hitting teams they played all the time were the seconds and thirds and fourths and scout teams across from them Mondays through Thursdays. LOL

95 Husker are and it really appears always will be THE BEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM EVER! Seriously, they could have given a good game to a few of the pro teams of the time. Really, they were really not threatened seriously by any opponent. If they played all of their opponents a second time, it would have been more magical as Tommie Frazier said it "You won't want to play us." No brag - just fact!

I thought the pregame intro video that CBS sports did before the Fiesta Bowl was one of the best ever as well. "Rumbling out of the Plains" were the Huskers! Ready to finish business. Unforgettable!

Lawrence Phillips... my god

His 45 yard TD run in the 2nd quarter against Florida is probably the best run I have seen anyone make. It shows everything that made LP special. He makes 2-3 lateral cuts that are jaw-dropping, shows his power by breaking a few Florida tackles, and then uses his breakaway speed to beat the defenders to the end zone. Purely amazing. I know everyone thinks of Frazier's run against Florida, where he breaks all of those tackles. But from a pure, wow factor, give me LP's run.

• Fire 1

Lawrence Phillips... my god

His 45 yard TD run in the 2nd quarter against Florida is probably the best run I have seen anyone make. It shows everything that made LP special. He makes 2-3 lateral cuts that are jaw-dropping, shows his power by breaking a few Florida tackles, and then uses his breakaway speed to beat the defenders to the end zone. Purely amazing. I know everyone thinks of Frazier's run against Florida, where he breaks all of those tackles. But from a pure, wow factor, give me LP's run.
I have always thought this as well.