The Environment

"We're talking about 2080, who is going to be alive in 2080?"

Yeesh. Admit it's an issue, but don't care to fix it because you'll be dead before it's a catastrophe.

Crazy isn't it? In 2080 my children will hopefully be enjoying retirement (they're 7). Not my great-great grandkids, the kids living in my house right now.

"We're talking about 2080, who is going to be alive in 2080?"

Yeesh. Admit it's an issue, but don't care to fix it because you'll be dead before it's a catastrophe.

Crazy isn't it? In 2080 my children will hopefully be enjoying retirement (they're 7). Not my great-great grandkids, the kids living in my house right now.

On the upside, they'll likely be able to get ahold of some beachfront property right here in our very own Nebraska by that point.

I was wondering what this host said in response: https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2017/06/19/Pretty-good-answer-CNBCs-Joe-Kernen-praises-Rick-Perrys-ridiculous-climate-change-denial/216962

KERNEN: Alright Mr. Secretary, pretty good answer that you gave there. I think you're going to be fine with that. You gotta, you know you really gotta be careful -- you're right, you do. You know -- I don't know what the actual penalty is for not believing. I think you do get -- it's heretical, I know that, if you're a denier. But you did well there. Thank you, I appreciate it, Mr. Secretary.

:facepalm:

• Fire 1

Well, the last time the Heartland Institute hit us with a misinformation campaign of propaganda funded by special interests, it was to deny the connection between smoking and lung cancer. (Funded by big tobacco).

This time it's climate change denial. (Funded by big oil). I'm hoping that eventually it will be an impossible stance to maintain, but it has been reinforced by partisan politics this time....

• Fire 4

I'll never understand the GOP's complete indifference to the well being of the planet we all inhibit.

It's an "I got mine" attitude.

Basically, they're old and they know they're going to die before any of the sh#t really hits the fan. They're trying to squeeze as much status quo out of life as they can. They would rather their children & grandchildren live in a hostile climate so they can enjoy life the way they've always known it than to do without a little bit of excess and strive to make the place better for everyone.

• Fire 1