The First Trump Impeachment Thread

Don't let the cult members deflect from what is actually contained in the Articles and Reports, criminality outlined clearly. They want to argue semantics about just the title of the Articles, not the content. There is a section of the report explicitly titled President Trump’s Abuse of Power Encompassed Impeachable “Bribery” and Violations of Federal Criminal Law, and any rational actor will admit Bribery is part of the impeachment clause.

2/ Now read Article I, Abuse of Power:
Trump:
A. Corruptly
B. Demanded/Sought
C. A thing of value
(announce Biden investigation, investigate 2016 server conspiracy theory for 2020 personal benefit)
D. For official acts
($391M in Arms and official state visit)EPVqklNXUAAla0S.jpg

3/ In past impeachments and now, the Articles are not meant to dig into legal analysis. They summarize the CONDUCT, the ACTS.
The House Report is where you find the application of law to acts.
Analyze the content of the Articles and the Report.
Dersh just argued about titles. 

4/ It would be like an English professor arguing which books are better than others because their titles are better.

First, some examples from past impeachments:
Nixon Article 2, passed by House Judiciary 28 to 10.
1. NO TITLE.
2. Crimes are not explicitly named or titled:EPVySsiWkAAEUkn.pngEPVySskWsAEi6u2.pngEPVySsjXkAAZQRe.jpg

5/ Here is Nixon Article 3, no crimes are specified, nor any statute.
No title. This is common practice. The point is to read the articles and the Report to understand these facts PLUS the law.

The Trump impeachment article I is far more clear than Nixon's articles.EPVz3mKXUAEZ9o8.jpg

6/ I've noted before the House Judiciary Report is explicit about:
1. CONSTITUTIONAL BRIBERY
2. CRIMINAL BRIBERY
Element by element, p. 118-126.
Read it here:
docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/… 
7. The Report first starts with Constitutional Bribery to show that Trump violated the "Bribery" reference in the original Constitution, the original public meaning of bribery in 1787-89:EPV287jWoAY_rQy.jpg
8. Then the Report explains CRIMINAL BRIBERY element-by-element, exactly how the concise Article I, Abuse of Power, summarized these details elemet-by-element:EPV35pkXUAA6jAr.jpgEPV35pnXUAAaZdx.jpg
  • Plus1 3
  • Thanks 4

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have long ago proven yourself to be intellectually dishonest and resistant to facts and reason.

Interesting thing about this.     Shokin was widely viewed as a corrupt prosecutor by almost all of our allies.  It was widely known within our our foreign policy team that he actually neede

You would invoke Alan Dershowitz to defend Donald Trump.  He defended Epstein and procured his sweetheart deal that allowed him to continue raping children. Epstein pled the 5th when as

Posted Images

1 hour ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Trump's defense team has nothing. 

They are questioning Hunter Biden being in a position he knows nothing about.  Can you say Ivanka Trump amd Jared??  Those 2 didn't even have security clearance. 

The only people that believe what the defense team is the Fox News sheep.  I'm sure Rush Limbaugh is going off every day talking about "This is a waste of Taxpayer money.. What a wonderful President.. by the way, remember the time that ....."

Sen Toomey wants a one for one witness deal.   As though truth / evidence is a negotiable item.  Bolton for Hunter Biden.  

So what will be the GOP defense?  - "Hunter Biden was doing wrong (so they say) so that justifies Trump doing wrong in response"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/toomey-proposes-a-one-for-one-witness-deal-in-trump-impeachment-trial-amid-bolton-revelations/ar-BBZnTdg

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What a time to be alive ....when Bolton is a “tool for the left”. 

:laughpound

This happens when Truth, Fact and Evidence are secondary to party loyalty.  When integrity can be sold to someone with a campaign donation, and when personal interest are put before national interests.     A tool of the left - how about a man with a conscience (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) 

• Upvote 1

All of the President's Turncoats - this editorial lists many of the former people who had worked for Trump or were appointed by Trump in some official capacity and who have spoken out about their experience.  They were once the greatest in Trump eyes to rubish - people trump barely knew or 'didn't know at all outside of taking a picture with them'.    Trump has a massive ego problem - everyone is great when they are on his side - because it reinforces his greatness. Everyone is terrible when they speak the truth that is contrary to his version of truth.    The list of Turncoats is pretty amazing.   Even Nixon didn't have a list like this. 

https://theweek.com/articles/889882

6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Seriously?  The jury would probably like to know everything the people told their attorney.  Sorry that's confidential.  You want to know what top ministers told the chief executive?  You lose. The necessity for any President to get the best advice from the best people trumps your unending partisan ire.  If you want a source see Chuck Schumer in 1999

This isn’t a criminal trial.  You can’t draw that parallel.  Attorney/client privilege doesn’t apply when the “proverbial “ jury is the voting American public and the “proverbial “ attorney is a nation security adviser or chief of staff.  The only exception would be sensitive classified material that involved national security.  That doesn’t apply here.  This is election interference and as a voter I have the right to know if candidate A leveraged a foreign entity to harm the reputation of candidate B.  

• Plus1 4
36 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Sen Toomey wants a one for one witness deal. 

Trump for Biden, deal.

8 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

The only exception would be sensitive classified material that involved national security.  That doesn’t apply here.  This is election interference and as a voter I have the right to know if candidate A leveraged a foreign entity to harm the reputation of candidate B.  

Imagine being so unethical and desperate that your only defense boils down to: "My criminal bribery plot is absolutely privileged simply because I talked to my administration about it."

• Plus1 6

The argument against witnesses is nonsense. "It's an election year" is not an excuse to not fully investigate these allegations.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

GOP regarding witnesses and new evidence. So in Sen Thrune's world,   - to hear a witness would place too much weight on their conscience when voting to acquit the president in spite of the evidence.   They want to avoid the truth as an ointment to sooth their dirty or should I say deplorable conscience in supporting the Scum in the WH.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e4154d882b78dc98a8

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d34456de55376e1630

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, QMany said:

Remember when Republican Senators acted aghast that Schiff mentioned CBS' "head on a pike" comment.

More and more I get the impression that hands are dirty all over the place. I've got to believe on some level that some of the Republicans care deeply about the country and what's happening and that would compel them to break with the party. However, if breaking with the party means going to prison or having their own shady dealings brought to light that changes how people would play it. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Huskerzoo said:

More and more I get the impression that hands are dirty all over the place. I've got to believe on some level that some of the Republicans care deeply about the country and what's happening and that would compel them to break with the party. However, if breaking with the party means going to prison or having their own shady dealings brought to light that changes how people would play it. 

Collective denial by the GOP will eventually lead to them being the minority party for years.  When the truth eventually comes out, as it always does, the repercussions by the voters will be overwhelming (or so I hope).

87b4f10205d3179ba3f98e30fcf83650.gif