The First Trump Impeachment Thread

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I had no clue who this was till today. Not impressed. 

Her opponent has raised $150,000 so far today. She ran against Stefanik in 2018 too (lost ~56% to 44%) and she raised 1.5MM the entire cycle. So today she raised 10% of what she raised during her entire campaign for the election in 2018.

Also, the few times I've seen Nunes speak or read what he's said, he doesn't seem very smart. I wouldn't be surprised if he just didn't understand the rules.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

So does this mean that judges shouldn't be deciding if people are guilty of doing something wrong since they, as humans, are guilty of wrongdoing themselves?

Well there are no judges in this case at this point - just a bunch of partisan hacks on each side blinded by their confirmation bias one way or the other. 

What Redux is pointing to is that this impeachment hearing has greater probability of riling up trump's base than it does of actually damaging him (unless he were to be removed from office). And in the meantime, the candidates at the forefront of the Democrat race currently are utterly horrendous to the point where reasonable people who do not affiliate with a party will either abstain or vote 3rd party before they'll cast a vote for a Dem...

Moreover, the premise of the entire impeachment is pretty dumb tbh. Even if conservatives were to be persuaded that what Trump did with regards to Ukraine was wrong, the severity of what he's being scrutinized for pales in comparison to the bullsh#t that's gone on under previous administrations that never received anywhere near the outrage. Here's a list just from our last president, and there would be equally horrible lists from Bush, Clinton, & Bush Sr, etc. Which begs the question, where the hell was all this outrage when your "team" was in power?... cue the excuses...

https://www.heritage.org/political-process/commentary/obamas-scandal-free-administration-myth

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Here's a list just from our last president, and there would be equally horrible lists from Bush, Clinton, & Bush Sr, etc. Which begs the question, where the hell was all this outrage when your "team" was in power?... cue the excuses...

https://www.heritage.org/political-process/commentary/obamas-scandal-free-administration-myth

I don't have a team, but if Obama himself broke the law in serious ways that threatened the sanctity of our democracy/republic and our autonomy as a country especially in regards to our enemies, I would be outraged. If he actually did do something that serious, I wasn't outraged because I was a kid and I didn't know anything about it. 

So OOOOH YOU CAUGHT ME. Trump has woken me up to a lot of realities about the world I didn't understand before. And it's about time we f#&%ing do something about them. One of the chief primary ones is not letting the most powerful man in the world get away with nepotism, cronyism, and illegal behavior that spits in the face of our country and our Constitution.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Honestly, I don't care what either one of you think on it.  Our president has done things wrong and must be held accountable like any other citizen.  He is not above the law.  This is a test of democracy.  Just because you two think it's a waste of time, doesn't make it so.

Also, just because people broke the law in the past doesn't give anyone the right to ignore the breaking of it now.  That's a logical fallacy and purely stupid.

I think previous administrations have had plenty of outrage and you guys just have selective memory to fit your narrative.

I agree that selective outrage in the past doesn't justify it today.

Out of curiosity, how did you all feel when you watched Suh stomp on a  player on national tv on Thanksgiving a few years ago?  

• It was bad, but come on, "it's SUH!"
  • It was bad, but - other guys probably have done it too - it gets nasty in the piles sometimes
  • It's "just part of the game"
  • What stomp?
  • He probably shouldn't have stomped the guy since he knew he was on national tv
  • He did something on national tv that is an offense to the game was punished appropriately and his reputation was impacted for a reason
  • Plus1 1
9 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Well there are no judges in this case at this point - just a bunch of partisan hacks on each side blinded by their confirmation bias one way or the other. 

What Redux is pointing to is that this impeachment hearing has greater probability of riling up trump's base than it does of actually damaging him (unless he were to be removed from office). And in the meantime, the candidates at the forefront of the Democrat race currently are utterly horrendous to the point where reasonable people who do not affiliate with a party will either abstain or vote 3rd party before they'll cast a vote for a Dem...

Moreover, the premise of the entire impeachment is pretty dumb tbh. Even if conservatives were to be persuaded that what Trump did with regards to Ukraine was wrong, the severity of what he's being scrutinized for pales in comparison to the bullsh#t that's gone on under previous administrations that never received anywhere near the outrage. Here's a list just from our last president, and there would be equally horrible lists from Bush, Clinton, & Bush Sr, etc. Which begs the question, where the hell was all this outrage when your "team" was in power?... cue the excuses...

Again, 90% of the posters here have no team. You'd do yourself a lot of good to start understanding that. Quite a few have left the Republican party over the years as they've devolved into what they are today. That doesn't mean they are Democrats. Most of us are independent I would guess.

You seem to have a very selective memory. The last 2 presidents we're heavily criticized. They had many challenges in the courts, and threats of impeachment. But to our knowledge neither one of them ever promoted foreign influence in our elections, especially not after they just got out of an investigation for the same issue months before!

• Plus1 3
39 minutes ago, ZRod said:

But to our knowledge neither one of them ever promoted foreign influence in our elections, especially not after they just got out of an investigation for the same issue months before!

Yea this has made me think Russian collusion was real even more. This is how Donald approaches elections. I'm a bit frightened about what else he will attempt as election day gets closer if he isn't removed.

1 minute ago, QMany said:

If this bribery is happening in the open in front of multiple career officials, just imagine what is happening in calls/meetings with Putin and Kushner’s back channels. 

Exactly. I think about the unverified report Kush greenlit the journalists murder in Saudi Arabia and Ergodon blackmailed Trump with that to get US troops out of the area. Not election related but yea, I can't imagine the stuff we don't hear about.

10 minutes ago, QMany said:

If this bribery is happening in the open in front of multiple career officials, just imagine what is happening in calls/meetings with Putin and Kushner’s back channels. 

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Exactly. I think about the unverified report Kush greenlit the journalists murder in Saudi Arabia and Ergodon blackmailed Trump with that to get US troops out of the area. Not election related but yea, I can't imagine the stuff we don't hear about.

It’s cool guys. This is just run of the mill president stuff. I mean look at that list of 6 horrible things Obama did!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2