DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

1 minute ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

You call it a lie?  Come on, when people are on the campaign trail lot of things are said, just like the crap Obama said.    

Those things are called lies. It's a bummer you're so used to lying on behalf of our leaders that it's normalized and you've stopped caring that it's happening.

• Plus1 3

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wait....what??????

Aren’t you are the one that constantly in this thread has proclaimed that the report totally exonerates the president without seeing the report solely based on the 4 page letter?

one of these two men are lying. The President or the AG...or both. They both can’t be right. 

Well when you guys start cherry picking words and comments to fit your beliefs, why should I even discuss it with you?  You've made your mind up, and all you want is to corner me with those cherry picked words.  I think it's best to wait and see what the report says, with an open mind.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

How so?? Lifting sanctions is being an iron fist?

letting them all come back to the closed russian safehouses in the us.....giving syria to the russians, trying to get us out of nato for russias benefit, easing sanctions, expelled a bunch of russians but let russia immediately replace those positions that were expelled, etc....

• Plus1 5
4 minutes ago, commando said:

letting them all come back to the closed russian safehouses in the us.....giving syria to the russians, trying to get us out of nato for russias benefit, easing sanctions, expelled a bunch of russians but let russia immediately replace those positions that were expelled, etc....

Multiple closed-door meetings with Putin without any US officials there to guide him, destroying the notes of those meetings, hosting Russians in the White House without US officials present, etc...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I don't want Trump to be bad.  I want him to be a good leader.  But I also know that if you make yourself look bad, people should start to question you...and rightly so.  If he's upright and in the clear, he has nothing to fear.

Here's what makes me think that there is more to things than just a conspiracy:

It's a fact that closed door meetings took place with Russian 'diplomats' and businessmen

It's a fact that  business dealings with Trumps companies were brokered with Russian ones (this is a violation and impeachable offense btw)

It's a fact that the Russians were already trying to interfere with the elections without Trumps 'request'

It's a fact that Trumps son-in-law lied about why he met with Russians during the election

Those are pretty damning to begin with and they are what got me questioning him and whether he was lying or not right away.  I determined eventually that he was lying.  Reason?  Here you go:

1. Trump tells everyone not to trust the FBI, the Justice Department, the press, and even the Court system.  This is stupid on many fronts because by saying these things he is undermining EVERY point of check on his power.  This makes him look even worse.

2.  He and every Republican out there are blocking access to a report that, in his words gave him "Complete Exoneration" in the Russian probe.  So why are they blocking that access if it gives him that?  They should be pushing to get it out the door in full.   This makes him look even worse.

So let's say it's all a conspiracy.  His reactions to said conspiracy are not logical.  He isn't doing himself any favors and those that follow his leadership should question him more for how he is reacting and acting toward these allegations/theories/etc.  At the very least, people should research the other side of the debate more and not blindly believe in a guy that looks guiltier with every passing moment due to his actions.  Just my 2 cents...it's why I no longer wear a MAGA hat...he's not going to make anything great again unfortunately for us.

Just wanted to mention that it's really refreshing to see someone who was once a Trump supporter admit they decided to smell the coffee and pay attention to what the guy (and those around him) actually do instead of what they say.

It brings me no pleasure to say it but our current administration has burnt their credibility and it's hard to believe a single thing POTUS or anyone else tells the American public.

I've also enjoyed your input ITT today, FWIW. Carry on.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Well when you guys start cherry picking words and comments to fit your beliefs, why should I even discuss it with you?  You've made your mind up, and all you want is to corner me with those cherry picked words.  I think it's best to wait and see what the report says, with an open mind.  

Explain how I’m cherry picking words?  I’ve used both Trump’s and the AGs statements on the issue. One or both of them are lying. 

I have NOT made my mind up. I have repeatedly told you in this thread that we need to wait till we see the full report....while you emphatically claim to know exactly what it says. 

Im more than willing to wait till the report comes out. Hope it comes out soon. I’m glad you now agree with that. 

39 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

That's your opinion, not mine.  He's been for tougher on Russian than Obama ever was.  Sure at the beginning he eased sanctions to send an olive branch, but as soon as Russia crossed the line the slapped back immediately.  How many of their embassies and Russian Nationals did he send home and also attempting to take gas business away from Russia and hit them in the pocket book which is far worse than sanctions most of the time.  When did any president ever do that?  Tell the whole story, not just the one from the first month of two!

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

That's your opinion, not mine.  He's been for tougher on Russian than Obama ever was.  Sure at the beginning he eased sanctions to send an olive branch, but as soon as Russia crossed the line the slapped back immediately.  How many of their embassies and Russian Nationals did he send home and also attempting to take gas business away from Russia and hit them in the pocket book which is far worse than sanctions most of the time.  When did any president ever do that?  Tell the whole story, not just the one from the first month of two!

So, when they influenced the election to give him the win, he needed to send an olive branch?

is attempting to tear apart NATO part of that olive branch?

26 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

for the record, I've always liked the state of Minnesota and pretty much every Minnesotan I've met. Never considered "Minny" a derogatory name, just shorthand. For some reason my buddies and I have used "Bracky" as shorthand for Nebraska, though I don't anyone else who does. 

Hey thanks for the comment, I really didn't mean to single you out and sorry for the long rant I had.  Sometimes I just have to tell how I feel about things from my perspective.  I'm not the kind of person that just says stuff to say it without some deep thought.  Politics has been a hobby of mine since being selected to go to Boys State in the summer of 1974.  At that time, I voted for Jimmy Carter the first time I could vote in the elections of 1976.  I had high hopes for him with what happened with Watergate, but now in retrospect (concerning Watergate) what t I know happened, it makes me mad at both sides of that deal.  Sometimes people that talk politics lose is that we as posters have much more in common than we realize.  For the life of it, I knew the second President Trump was elected, the old school Washington people would be out to get him.  They absolutely did not want an outsider in power in the White House.  For that reason alone it has always pissed me off what the left and MSM has done on a minute to minute basis 24 hours a day, 7 days a week since that election.  I see so much good happening now and yet all we ever hear is Russia Russia Russia, Collusion Collusion Collusion.  Once this is over with and I have a very high degree of confidence nothing will ever be found that constitutes what they set out to find, will people even except the results, when it's not what they want.  I think sometimes certain people have over wished what reality really is.  I've already said to myself, I would accept what ever the outcome is, but will the other side?  By the way that's the first I've heard Bracky!  Hey all is well.

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Just wanted to mention that it's really refreshing to see someone who was once a Trump supporter admit they decided to smell the coffee and pay attention to what the guy (and those around him) actually do instead of what they say.

It brings me no pleasure to say it but our current administration has burnt their credibility and it's hard to believe a single thing POTUS or anyone else tells the American public.

I've also enjoyed your input ITT today, FWIW. Carry on.

Seconded.