The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

28 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yes it was.  Here's an easy one.  Criminals do often have armor and weapons superior to the normal police handgun.  While there should be an intelligent debate over appropriate use of force, you won't hear it from airheads blooting out defund police.

:movegoalpost:

You made an explicit comparison to the protesters, and now you're trying to change to a different topic.

But even in trying to change the topic you still managed to be disingenuous. You know who else has weapons and armor superior to the normal police handgun? The police!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

@Notre Dame Joe is right.  There are many heavily armed and armored criminals.  A lot of the people committing mass shootings have an arsenal in their trunks and several people plotting massacres, like the Coast Guard guy, were busted with heavy ammunition and body armor.  The Las Vegas shooter basically had a military grade sniper nest, didn't he?

And it was all purchased and owned legally...

58 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yes it was.  Here's an easy one.  Criminals do often have armor and weapons superior to the normal police handgun.  While there should be an intelligent debate over appropriate use of force, you won't hear it from airheads blooting out defund police.

Maybe there also needs to be an intelligent debate over what weapons are legally sold in the US to the general public.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe there also needs to be an intelligent debate over what weapons are legally sold in the US to the general public.

Yes, I mentioned it somewhere that a lot of this is related to our gun laws. I know it won't happen, but at the same time there is police reform, there need to be new gun regulations.

But I definitely don't agree that people often have better guns and armor than police. I haven't seen any data on it yet that I'm basing that off of but based on NDJ's posting behavior and what I've seen from videos of the police lately, they are often not carrying mere handguns.

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's over now that the intelligent and barely intelligent both watched nightly mobs harassing people and destroying property, and read about the police in full retreat. 

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It's over now that the intelligent and barely intelligent both watched nightly mobs harassing people and destroying property, and read about the police in full retreat. 

You should go to a protest or watch the wide angle shots on TV. There was indeed some rioting and looting the first couple days, but they've been peaceful and non-destructive since. Well, except for the police rioting.

• Haha 2

Just about every one of these is perfect.

THIS WAS ON A FRIEND’S PAGE: An anguished question from a Trump supporter: ‘Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?’

THE SERIOUS ANSWER: Here’s what the majority of anti-Trump voters honestly feel about Trump supporters en masse:
@realDonaldTrump
That when he made up stories about seeing Muslim-Americans in the thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said, "Not an issue." (washingtonpost.com/news/fact-chec…)
That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men convicted of a crime they didn't commit, and he angrily said that they should still be in prison, you said, "That makes sense." ( )
That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral win, you said, "That's the way I want my President to be." ( )
That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the industries they're supposed to be regulating and you have said, "What a genius!" ( )
That you have heard him continue to profit from his businesses, in part by leveraging his position as President, to the point of overcharging the Secret Service for space in the properties he owns, and you have said, "That's smart!" (usnews.com/opinion/articl…)
That you have heard him say that it was difficult to help Puerto Rico because it was in the middle of water and you have said, "That makes sense." (washingtonpost.com/news/politics/…)
That Trump separated children from their families and put them in cages, managed to lose track of 1500 kids, has opened a tent city incarceration camp in the desert in Texas - he explains that they’re just “animals” - and you say, “Well, OK then.” ( )
That you have witnessed all the corruption and lacking moral character, rudeness and contempt for you, the working American voter, and you still show up grinning and wearing your MAGA hats and threatening to beat up anybody who says otherwise. ( )
What you don't get is that our succumbing to frustration, thinking of you as stupid, may very well be wrong, but it's also...hear me...charitable.

Because if you're NOT stupid, we must turn to other explanations, and most of them are less flattering.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
6 hours ago, RedDenver said:

You should go to a protest or watch the wide angle shots on TV. There was indeed some rioting and looting the first couple days, but they've been peaceful and non-destructive since. Well, except for the police rioting.

And like every well-intentioned protest in history, it drew out the crazies who could barely articulate what they're protesting or know the basic facts of the man whose statue they are destroying.  A single shot hunting rifle, or bag of rocks, or whatever Ds currently believe the right to keep and bear arms protects, is completely useless to defend against them. 

OTOH the mere sight of an man standing guard with commensurate weapon is nearly 100% effective.  None of the news reels indicate they are crazy enough to charge an armed man. 

So while my dream is that Biden campaigns on disarming the American people, the reality is his handlers will tell him not to say a word about it.  And it will be an easy pivot for Joe because he once supported almost everything he claims to oppose. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1